Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
full

I haven’t looked into the stand debacle, so is there anything actually special about it? Or is it just made out of “super special” material? If it’s the latter, then yeah, fuck that stand.

There are times where the criticism towards the company and fans are warranted, but I do see that it’s become just as fashionable to hate them. It’s like being back in high school where you had some fad or fashion item associated with the preppy kids, and people hate it for the sole purpose of who it’s associated with. Then they try it themselves and realize “oh wow, this isn’t too bad”.

You can't even say this is stupid from Apple because they know exactly what they're doing. Some will be outraged but in the end, these Apple fanboys & fangirls will be buying it happily.

Leave me alone! No seriously, they sell a lot of s**t that isn't worth the price tag, but the phones on a contract are more reasonable.

I haven’t looked into the stand debacle, so is there anything actually special about it? Or is it just made out of “super special” material? If it’s the latter, then yeah, fuck that stand.

There are times where the criticism towards the company and fans are warranted, but I do see that it’s become just as fashionable to hate them. It’s like being back in high school where you had some fad or fashion item associated with the preppy kids, and people hate it for the sole purpose of who it’s associated with. Then they try it themselves and realize “oh wow, this isn’t too bad”.

pretty sure I can buy a cheap knock off at ebay that does better for not even a fraction of the price :p

pretty sure I can buy a cheap knock off at ebay that does better for not even a fraction of the price :p

I looked into it, basically $1000 for a super special swivel, yeah no.

Though people are forgetting these monitors aren’t targeted to a person who’s using at their house for YouTube and Netflix. These are targeted at businesses who can write it off their taxes. People associate their “lower end” products as fashion devices, and ignore that the higher end devices are targeted at businesses, and have features that aren’t relevant to the average person.

I don’t get why they announced the stand’s price separately. It’s only for that specific monitor, so IF it’s that expensive, why isn’t it already included with the monitor like their iMacs or the old Apple displays.

Both the mount and stand are very expensive, and don't seem very worth it to the average buyer. I feel collectors will buy the stand and the mount.

Both the mount and stand are very expensive, and don't seem very worth it to the average buyer. I feel collectors will buy the stand and the mount.

Its not for the average buyer, its for professionals like video and photo editors. (Bonus points that they can write a purchase like this off of their taxes!) Something many forget Apple is known for the world through.

The whole point is that it leaves you with two options: buy the stand or buy a proprietary adapter to use with other commercially available stands.

I have heard of this before.
Still, it's kinda difficult to believe, even now. Guess it's not going to be very popular

Its not for the average buyer, its for professionals like video and photo editors. (Bonus points that they can write a purchase like this off of their taxes!) Something many forget Apple is known for the world through.

The whole point is that it leaves you with two options: buy the stand or buy a proprietary adapter to use with other commercially available stands.

People definitely forget that Apple deals in the professional market. While I’m not justifying the price for the monitor stand, the world of professional grade gear all have accessories that are obnoxiously expensive, a lot of times, for no reason at all.

I think the confusion with their professional level products is because they get advertised alongside their consumer products. The average person doesn’t get exposed to the high end market of professional cameras with $800 SD cards.

People definitely forget that Apple deals in the professional market. While I’m not justifying the price for the monitor stand, the world of professional grade gear all have accessories that are obnoxiously expensive, a lot of times, for no reason at all.

I think the confusion with their professional level products is because they get advertised alongside their consumer products. The average person doesn’t get exposed to the high end market of professional cameras with $800 SD cards.
The other thing is that they also get exposed to the education market as well, iPads used at school etc.

The other thing is that they also get exposed to the education market as well, iPads used at school etc.

That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about how their consumer level Macs are advertised next to their pro level Macs. Because of that, it leads to confusion that it’s just a computer that happens to be $5k or just a monitor that’s $5k. Dell has professional level equipment, but I doubt most of this site could name them.

Back