Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
In an official blog post from Twitch CEO Dan Clancy, it was revealed that the livestreaming company is planning to cut another 500 members of its total workforce. Clancy, like other corporate executives in recent months, has highlighted efficiency and sustainability as reasons for the layoffs.

They keep loosing money and tasked with actually making money by the hugely profitable Amazon.

I hope most of the people who lost their jobs at Twitch will be able to quickly find another job.

You mean all of those camwhores and big name streamers that bring in thousands if not millions still arent helping the company make a profit? I see Twitch closing up in 2025. Not even Mixer, which was backed by Microsoft, survived.

I don't see Twitch dying, but it's never about the games you watch being played. It's more about the people vibes. Sure if something you like is being played maybe, but I would rather play said games myself because I can afford them, than watch someone else play, unless some rules aren't there in normal play, or it's a challenging game that makes you work for those views.

Video content-based sites just struggle to make money. Beyond adult services and gambling-based ones, they all seem to break even at best and mostly just run at a loss. You would think Twitch would be better off than many with the massive amount of subs and paid message features, but I really don't see it being wildly profitable (in Amazon's eyes) any day soon.

I don't use Twitch but I feel for those who are out of a job now. Tech keeps changing & unfortunately, companies have to keep changing too.

Back