Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

As reported in the New York Times, Musk sent an email to employees earlier today calling the economic picture ahead "dire." He also said that Twitter is too dependent on advertisers, many of whom have stopped spending on the platform in recent weeks, and that the "absolutely top priority is finding and suspending any verified bots/trolls/spam."

Afterward, Musk held an all-hands meeting for Twitter employees, as reported by Zoë Schiffer. Talking about the decision to end remote work for Twitter employees, Musk reportedly told Twitter staff, "If you can physically make it to an office and you don’t show up, resignation accepted."

Musk also reportedly touted plans to make Twitter a peer-to-peer payments platform, that "bankruptcy isn't out of the question," and that Twitter employees "need to be more hardcore."

Hopefully, Twitter does not go bankrupt which will most likely cause even more Twitter workers to lose their job which is sad news for workers who rely on their job at Twitter to support their family and themselves.

Anyone taking bets how long he lasts before he gives up and sells the company to some other company for half the price he bought it for?

I don't believe it, it's too popular of a platform with too much user data to go bankrupt. But then again maybe Twitter needs to restructure and evaluate its long-term plan.

I imagine Twitter maybe becoming more popular with all the free exposure it is getting from local, national, and international news stations talking about Elon Musk and Twitter.

More people knowing about Twitter may cause more businesses to buy Twitter ads to see if Twitter ads can bring more traffic to their business, or online content like a Netflix show, YouTube channel, and music album.

More businesses buying Twitter ads to promote their business may help Twitter avoid bankruptcy.

I think the peer-to-peer payment idea works well with this platform. However, not everyone on the platform goes there to get paid.

Tbh, I always get annoyed whenever I see all of these analysts always go doom and gloom so quickly when a company does something they don't like, and start spouting off things like bankruptcy and need to get out of the market.

Instead of waiting awhile, you gotta jump out and be one of the first to get those clickbait titles going

Tbh, I always get annoyed whenever I see all of these analysts always go doom and gloom so quickly when a company does something they don't like, and start spouting off things like bankruptcy and need to get out of the market.

Instead of waiting awhile, you gotta jump out and be one of the first to get those clickbait titles going

I'm all about the 'oh look change, let's inflate the bad news by a thousand percent!' buuuuut if they tend to be quoting the new owner of it going under, a man who throws money first and thinks later, odds are better the bad news is actually, bad news.

I'm all about the 'oh look change, let's inflate the bad news by a thousand percent!' buuuuut if they tend to be quoting the new owner of it going under, a man who throws money first and thinks later, odds are better the bad news is actually, bad news.
Could be drama to get attention, or motivation to get employees working.

These are also quotes from third parties, so they could just be salty they have a new boss who made too many changes too quickly. I was in a situation where we got a new boss who changed things too quickly, and some people got salty as hell, and some were calling for mutiny. We even had a meeting to discuss the “dire” situation. Nothing significant came out of the meeting, but a few months later, the people whining got over it and everyone is still here.

I reckon it will avoid bankruptcy, through trial and error, Musk will end up getting it right.

I wonder what Elon is going to do with all of this. Why would he buy a company that's in this state?

I actually think its quite funny how people are getting so over the top about all things twitter, people need to relax haha

I believe the current drama has been amazing for Twitter's user count. However, I don't see any fair way to judge the platform's future or Musk's plans until the media and users settle down and things return to a state of normal on the platform.

I believe the current drama has been amazing for Twitter's user count. However, I don't see any fair way to judge the platform's future or Musk's plans until the media and users settle down and things return to a state of normal on the platform.

With his last tweet this morning, it's very clear he knows that users are losing faith in Twitter.

Screenshot_20221123-143244_Twitter.jpg

Back