Twitter to become X?

I think just leave it alone. People associate Twitter with Twitter not any other name, symbol, brand. Just like when Facebook changed to Meta. I still see & hear people say Facebook. I don't even know what became of the new Meta term. Anybody know?
Iirc, Meta is the new name for the company, but they’re still calling Facebook Facebook.

No wonder the icon for the app is now X. Still a bit odd for me to get used to.
People will get over it. I remember when websites used to have more drastic UI changes and each time they changed, people claimed they swore off of it, and still end up using it.

I remember Facebook and YouTube making some changes, and people swearing to get off those sites to protest, and 10 years later, the same people are still using it.

People will get over it. I remember when websites used to have more drastic UI changes and each time they changed, people claimed they swore off of it, and still end up using it.

I remember Facebook and YouTube making some changes, and people swearing to get off those sites to protest, and 10 years later, the same people are still using it.

I will still use it for promoting my business no doubt and will definitely get used to it. At the moment, it feels odd.

Stupid name, stupid logo. The twitter name and the logo were special and instantly recognisable. I don't think I'll ever call it X

There is a pretty bizarre and embarrassing backstory to the X.com branding that started all the way back in 1999.

So, back when Elon Musk was the PayPal CEO in the late 90s', PayPal and its competitor Confinity inc, would merge to form a bank called x.com. As the story goes, the board of directors though the idea was so bad, they basically forced Musk out of the company and changed the merged companies' name back to PayPal.

Musk bought the x.com domain name back from PayPal in 2017, and up until recently, x.com's landing page was just an X on a blank page.

Back