froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
f you're planning to get around campus on your new hoverboard, you may want to check your school's policy first. According to AP, at least 20 universities in the US have restricted or banned the two-wheeled scooters due to the fire hazard posed by their lithium-ion batteries. In case you haven't been keeping up with the news, a simple Google search can show you recent reports of homes destroyed by fire allegedly caused by hoverboards that spontaneously blew up. "These things are just catching fire without warning, and we don't want that in any of our dorms," Kean University's Len Dolan said.

Read More

I'm not sure a full ban on all hoverboards is fair since some more quality hoverboards may not catch on fire.

I think more people have been harmed by defective smartphone and laptop batteries, and their chargers which had caused fires, electrocutions, and explosions in the past.

What I've learned about this problem is that there is a lot of cheap Chinese knock offs running about, that is the big issue and the schools aren't ones to take time to confirm the right ones.

What I've learned about this problem is that there is a lot of cheap Chinese knock offs running about, that is the big issue and the schools aren't ones to take time to confirm the right ones.

I also heard there are cheap Chinese Knock-off. I agree schools won't take the time to figure out which ones are not knock-offs.

But, I bet, these hoverboards will be banned even if they do not catch fire like skateboards, electric scooters, and electric bicycles on campus sidewalks because they may cause a lot of injuries if people ride them carelessly.

Back