Valkyria Chronicles 4

ValkyriaChronicles4-15-2.jpg

welkin_gunther_3963.png

Isnt it a bit weird on where they put the map on Claude.

Not really. Sort of like Fighter Pilots, they put their maps on their "kneeboard".

Last edited:
I didnt notice that, not much plane fan. Most tank driver I see is they hang it on their neck.

True though technically Claude is not the driver of the tank. As he is the Tank commander/Squad E leader.

Fighter Jet got no room for a lot of crew on board so the pilot is the commander, if it's a two seater then the guy behind you is your RIO or WSO.

Last edited:
VC4 Sega TGS 2018 stage Schedule:

16:00 to 16:00 – Valkyria Chronicles 4 – Live gameplay of Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Valkyria Chronicles Remastered for Switch. Featuring Kohei Yamashita (director), MC Hashiyan Kousaka (Valkyria Love! Fan Club president), and guest Yurika Tachibana (talent).

So it looks like KIA squadmates are replaced by generics in cutscenes and the switch version got a reduced amount of characters shown during certain cutscenes with a large amount of characters:
qG6e13g.jpg

zdB3ZCQ.jpg

Last edited:
Probably if it's selling good enough on the switch they would do that.

from the pics? the soldiers with helmets on were the generic soldiers that replaced the dead(permanently killed) soldiers from your squad's roster. both pics were from the switch version. The same scene on the PS4 version got a lot of characters shown.

The 2 PLOTS in one scene, lol "Yuri" or "百合" :
B6jcBL8.jpg

bgFKuYz.jpg

graphics are great to me when seeing the game in motion, coz of the watercolor art style.

Last edited:
Well I mean. Some details are meant to be round, but square corners are noticeable.

You mean Rounder and Improved PLOT graphics? lol

Yeah I know what you meant, but you won't be really noticing that when seeing it in motion.

Some more gameplay video:

Read Some more reviews:

Every Soldier A Story

VC4Review4.jpg

Of course, Valkyria Chronicles is well-known for its story and characters and Valkyria Chronicles 4 is no exception. Instead of focusing on a rag tag band of enlistees, this time the story focuses on an elite group of soldiers. The story shifts back and forth between their current mission and events in their past, and it does a good job of striking a balance between tense action and subtle mystery.

VC4Review5.jpg

It runs parallel to the events of the original Valkyria Chronicles and learning how the actions of this platoon helped shape the course of world history is infinitely intriguing.

VC4Review3.jpg

Not to mention, the supporting cast of characters is fantastic. From an introvert shocktrooper in an iron mask, to a battle hardened mercenary, to that one guy who says “sir” just a few too many times, they are hilarious both in and out of battle. Unlike previous Valkyria Chronicles titles, they actually participate in story related cutscenes every so often. You really grow to love your platoon when all is said and done.

Setting The Stage Of History

Another thing the original Valkyria Chronicles was known for was its graphics and Valkyria Chronicles 4 does not disappoint. It takes the signature storybook painted style of the franchise and updates it for modern consoles. It looks far better than anything that has come before it, provided that you are playing on the PS4. The Switch version is, unfortunately, a little disappointing. Not only does it run at a lower resolution, it also experiences slowdown that the PS4 version does not.

Back