Valve is making a Nintendo Switch style portable gaming PC called SteamPal?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

There are a bunch of credible leaks all pointing towards Valve releasing a Nintendo switch style portable gaming PC for playing your Steam games on the go. In this video I discuss everything we know so far. It seems like it is codenamed "SteamPal" and the controllers might be called "Neptune". It might be targeted for Q4 2021 with an AMD APU called "Aerith" or "Van Goh" said to be powered by Zen2 core architecture and Navi2 (RDNA2) integrated graphics at 9W. Quadcore with SMT. Possibly $399 target price and 8/9 inch screen.

It would be interesting to see an Handheld PC made by Valve

Can they really make it with so much shortages going on? Seems like a bad time to throw anything new out on the market.

So will Nintendo Lawyers sue Gaben lol

Can they really make it with so much shortages going on? Seems like a bad time to throw anything new out on the market.

Maybe Valve can pay more money to factories to more quickly train new workers to build computer parts, so the shortage does not affect Valve as much. But, the price of a Valve Steampal handheld Gaming PC could cost more money if Valve invest more of their money on factories to build PC parts.

Last edited:
The PSP came out too early, in my opinion. If Sony did something similar again, I'm sure it would be quite popular

The PSP came out too early, in my opinion. If Sony did something similar again, I'm sure it would be quite popular
You mean the Vita right? Sony messed up with expensive proprietary memory cards, mismanagement and poor advertising.

If you don’t know what you want to do with the console, how are the customers supposed to know?

Back