What do you think of people who use windows 7....

If it is shown, it's usually topic about hacking...

I think Mainstream news also categorize Linux as an OS used by bad people like criminals, trolls, and cyber bullies who need to hide their browsing history to avoid getting arrested, so they use a Linux OS designed for online privacy like Tails Linux which use Tor servers to hide users browsing history when browsing with Firefox with the Tor privacy proxy add-on installed on the web browser which come with Tails Linux.

I read a blog post of a teacher punishing a student for using a Live Linux CD to boot a Linux OS like Ubuntu as a live session on the school computer.
Teacher must make sure student don't do non-school work, so it's understandable.
If logging is only work for Windows, then Linux can not be seen.

I was IT admin for whole school 8 year back.

Teacher must make sure student don't do non-school work, so it's understandable.
If logging is only work for Windows, then Linux can not be seen.

I was IT admin for whole school 8 year back.

That is true. I think some teachers don't feel comfortable with students using Windows Explorer File manager to browse system folders like C:\Windows\, command prompt and third-party programs not installed by the school.

Some teachers may allow students to be run Linux on a Virtual Machine software like VirtualBox or Qemu which is run from a USB Flash drive and the Virtual Machine is hosted on the USB drive because the Virtual Machine is not installed on the PC hard drive, using the Disc drive, and can be used in a window, and not full screen-only mode like booting a Linux LiveCD/LiveUSB from a disc drive.

The Windows user interface is also still visible when using Virtual Machine software in window mode.

Last edited:
In the past couple of years, I noticed most of the die hard XP fans held onto it as long as possible, cried about how they refused to use 7, said it was garbage, and now they are die hard 7 fans and said they’ll never upgrade.

I think Windows 7 is still one of the best versions of Windows for playing older Windows 7 games and game console emulators which may not work or game crashes and freezes happen more often on newer Windows OS like Windows 8/8.1, 10, and the game dont work on older Windows operating systems like Vista and XP because of technical reasons.

A lot of game developers may not earn a lot of money or have a lot of time where they can afford to re-make the game, so it works on Windows 8 to Windows 10. Some older game companies maybe gone and never sold their old game's code and copyright to another game company which still exists, so there is almost no chance of getting an official version of the game which works with Windows 8 and 10 unless the game becomes free and open source where enough volunteers can work on the game.

Back