What made you pick PC?

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
What made you want to play video games on a PC above the consoles? I am interested to know peoples reasons behind picking this system above the consoles made specifically to game. I personally use consoles because I find it much easier to just insert the disk and play... I can get a bit confused on PC. 

For the short while I played PC, it was only to play emulators. :p

I own a PC to do homework, office work, browse the web, so I already own a PC for playing games. I also don't need to buy another console to just play a few games.

The games on PC are cheaper on Steam, gog, Humble bundle, and other places. There are also a lot of free to play games like League of Legends, Dota 2, Runescape, Rose Online, and Need for Speed World.

I like Demon only use my laptop occasionally to play emulators but would rather use a console for gaming. I just feel more comfortable there.

i really like participating in forums and i feel like it's easiest when you can do it while playing. being able to play older games is very nice too

When I think of it, some of the best originals were made for PC. Resident Evil was originally released on PC, same with Grand Theft auto. Who can forget about the online legend of Runescape?

I think a lot of the first person shooters like Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Counter Strike started on PC, and has a huge audience on PC.

I think a lot of PC games like FPS, Racing, flight simulators, Action, etc now lets you play games with a controller, or PC joystick with buttons on the joystick, and base.

You can also change the buttons on the keyboard to different buttons which you are more fluent in. There are also gaming mice, and keyboards which has buttons, and extra buttons to make playing some games easier.

I am used to PC.Now we have touch-screen in laptops.So,it's really easy to use PC.

As for me,I am into normal mini games.So,I am satisfied with my dell PC :grin: 

I started off playing Sims, and it progressed from there I suppose. I eventually got into MMORPGs, but that only interested me for a while. I didn't really start giving them a chance until recently. Aside from the Sims I just wasn't a big fan since I prefer using hand held controls. Mainly I stick to puzzle type games, but I have also played a couple more interactive games such as Contrast, and Dead Space that are pretty fun. The reason I play pc games though is probably because its a good way to get a hold of some of the newer games. Most of my gaming systems are pretty out dated so I don't really get that option there. 

I didn't pick PC, PC chose me :p

But really, I don't need to purchase the next gen consoles just to play the latest games. Most likely it'll be available to purchase on Steam and all that I need is a good-spec computer to run it. Keyboard and mouse is also something I prefer to a controller (especially for shooting games such as Call of Duty). 

Back