What you think of websites with long article and title descriptions on the homepage?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I have desktop computers, laptop, and tablet with a smaller size monitor and lower pixel resolution on the monitor, so I don't enjoy reading websites with a homepage which have a lot of long title links and article descriptions because it causes me to scroll down the page a lot. If I wanted to read the article, I would click on the "read more/read entire article" link or the title link for the article.

I don't like those websites which have very long stuff in their index pages.
It's not at all a good idea to keep stuff like that upfront which might drive away potential users.

I don't like those websites which have very long stuff in their index pages.
It's not at all a good idea to keep stuff like that upfront which might drive away potential users.

I agree long descriptions can drive away users. I feel they may also cause slower smartphones to slowdown, freeze and crash its web browser more often if there is too much text on the page.

I like forums because the index page usually does not have a lot of long descriptions for the topic links on the index page.

Boring, I like websites that get to the point.

Boring, I like websites that get to the point.

I agree, website which get to the point are better than websites which have un-needed text which go offtopic or start talking about offtopic topics like politics when I am reading an article not about politics.

Back