Where do you buy your PC games?

Vash

Credits
I used to buy them in CD/DVD retail boxes. Then lately I have found myself buying downloaded versions only. Either from Steam, stardock, or Amazon Digital Service. I found it is more convenient at least for the buying process. I can order the game and get it within a few hours at most. If it had to be shipped to me, it would take days instead of hours.

What about you guys?

I download most games nowadays but if I find a title I really like, I'll try and get the CD as well just in case my hard drive crashes or some other hardware failure affects my gaming laptop. I kept my original Civ 2, 3 and 4 CDs even though the former versions have compatibility issues with the current hardware.

I think that I only have bought a PC video game on physical, I usually download them, I think it's more easier and I'm not a real fan of going out just for buying video games, if I can just purchase them online, lol. I use Amazon Digital Service too, I still haven't used other platforms yet.

I nearly exclusively buy PC games through Steam, the only exception is sometimes I buy them on Amazon or Best Buy if I really want the physical box or a midnight release.

Used to buy them on a CD, old-school style. I don't play games as much as I used to (and as much as I'd like) but I still like the feeling of coming home and stopping by and browsing some games. Steam works fine too, but the feeling isn't there. GOG.com is pretty great for older games.

For the longest time I only bought games at stores but nowadays it's just too simple to buy them online on Steam or a Console Market. Despite not having the actual physical copy in your hand it's easier to push a couple of buttons rather than going out to a store and purchasing it there.
G2A, Kinguin and sites like them make it really easy to buy games via code keys and even though a lot of people are skeptical, I've bought a lot of titles from them without any issues. I know that in the past Ubisoft and EA cancelled codes because they were stolen but that rarely happens.

I usually buy them online from Amazon, Best Buy, or Game Stop. Occasionally when I'm out at various stores I'll look for games and pick one up here and there but the majority of my shopping is done online.

For PC games I always purchase through Steam. Nice having everything in one place, along with trading card, achievements, friends, etc.

I buy all of my games on steam, because it is really simple and easy to use. Except for trading and marketing that's stupid. Other wise steam is your one stop shop to drop your cash and get the games.

Purchasing game online with instant download is probably the way for the future. However, not without downside in my opinion. What if all the sudden a company such as steam goes out of business? Will we lose all the purchased games over the years? So I'd like to be able to keep games as "mine" once it is purchased. Not to relay on some steam connection in order to just play it offline.

I buy games off Steam, as well as bundle sites like Humble Bundle, Groupees and Indie Gala. I used to buy off Greenman Gaming as well but their deals aren't as good anymore! If you reside in the US I've heard that Amazon does pretty good deals as well.

Gog or Steam, or sometimes direct from the publisher. It is just too convenient than going to a store. Box editions rarely even put a printed manual in the box anymore, so what is the point of buying a box when you can download it way faster than a drive to the store. As I got older, I also have learned that launch day purchases are usually a bad idea anyway. Wait until the game has some real player reviews and wait until that first big ´bug fix´ patch is ready. You know these guy are publishing games before they are ready anyway, so why buy into a broken game.

For space reasons I prefer to buy them by digital distribution: GOG, Steam or Origin. For consoles, I rather buy them in the digital store instead of physical copies. Physical copies are of course overall better, but they can be an inconvenience when you have stuff everywhere in a small room or moving often from a place to another.

I don't even know if any local stores sell game disks anymore. I went to EBGames a few days ago and the PC section was just gone. For me, I usually just buy games from Steam, Origin, and Humble Bundle. Digital versions are very convenient and with Steam you can still get refunds if you don't like the game.

I buy my games from the store. Yes i visit the store and get my games to play. Which store tho? XDDD nah i play steam mostly.

I either buy them on Steam or physically. I like physical copies better because it feels like I'm a badass collector, while having them only digitally makes it way less fun to show off your collection haha. Steam is better when I'm looking for a game that's not likely to be found anywhere around here, or when I'm trying out a beta game.

When is comes to PC I usually use Steam. I have some old CD copies, but I really don't need them anymore.

I buy my games anywhere but when it comes to tying out a game, I usually get a pre-owned game at GameStop and if i don't like, i can always return it within seven days in full price.

The vast majority of the PC games I buy come from Steam. I've purchased a few from Amazon, and those were downloadable content. The old days of going to Gamestop other than to browse are over for me.

Yeah I usually buy them from Steam these days as I guess most people do. I do like having the box sets of games though. I guess in the future I'd buy the physical version of a game that I thought of as more special to me than most games. It's just nice having physical stuff and being able to display it on a shelf.

Back