Which eighth generation system are you impressed with so far?

Which of the eighth generation video game systems are you most impressed with/interested in?

• Wii U

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • PS4

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • An Android system (Ouya, Shield, Game Stick)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Piston (that thing Valve announced a while back)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I'm not particularly impressed by any of them

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (a console choice not mentioned above)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
As you probably now know, Microsoft has officially revealed the Xbox One just a few minutes or so ago, and both the Wii U and Playstation 4 have been revealed (and in the former's case released) quite a while back.

So which of the three consoles are you most impressed with so far and why?

is not 3DS and PSVita 8th gen? If not then the Wii U. I'm not particularly impressed by it since it's basically a Wii update, seriously. But I'm obligated to choose it.

Vincerific, on 21 May 2013 - 16:01, said:The Xbox 1 impressed the crap out of me.
Someone is actually impressed with the Xbox one?

Vincerific, on 21 May 2013 - 16:01, said:The Xbox 1 impressed the crap out of me.

What wasn't to be impressed by it? It showed how strong the processor is by being able to run multiple applications as well as internet services all without slowing down or lagging any. On a tech side, that is a pretty impressive feat! That is something Nintendo can't come close to achieving considering they are still using the same processor as the GameCube in their Wii U.

I think too many people are stuck on the "no used games" thing. I don't think MicroSoft will keep that feature for very long and even if they DO... well, when *I* was growing up, for about the first 14 years of my life, there was no such thing as a game store. Trade-ins didn't exist. FuncoLand (now known as GameStop) came out when I was about 13 and was only found in the backs of some of my gaming magazines as a mail-order trade-in company that myself and all of my friends always thought was a scam until they opened a store about 2 years later.

So, yeah, I was highly impressed by what the system can do and unlike most people I wasn't stuck on the ONE thing that it CAN'T do.

I am choosing other. Is the 3DS not considered an 8th generation console? I thought it was. Unless this is home consoles only.

I chose Wii U but I would've chosen 3DS if it was a choice.

Yeah the 3DS is very impressive.

Im going with 3ds since i havent experienced any of the others.
But WiiU is better than the other two. Sony and Microsoft are always following in the footsteps of Nintendo.

What wasn't to be impressed by it? It showed how strong the processor is by being able to run multiple applications as well as internet services all without slowing down or lagging any. On a tech side, that is a pretty impressive feat! That is something Nintendo can't come close to achieving considering they are still using the same processor as the GameCube in their Wii U.

I think too many people are stuck on the "no used games" thing. I don't think MicroSoft will keep that feature for very long and even if they DO... well, when *I* was growing up, for about the first 14 years of my life, there was no such thing as a game store. Trade-ins didn't exist. FuncoLand (now known as GameStop) came out when I was about 13 and was only found in the backs of some of my gaming magazines as a mail-order trade-in company that myself and all of my friends always thought was a scam until they opened a store about 2 years later.

So, yeah, I was highly impressed by what the system can do and unlike most people I wasn't stuck on the ONE thing that it CAN'T do.

The Wii U's graphics are incredibly impressive, it uses a fairly recent graphics card. It also isn't the same processor as the GameCube, i'm not exactly sure where you found that information but I can't find it. However it still is technologically behind.

But compared to the PS4 the Xbox one really isn't that spectacular. Although they are pretty close in terms of hardware, the PS4 outclasses the xbox one. But the real disappointing thing about both of these is that they are hardly consoles. Running multiple applications, TV, all this random crap isn't necessary, and no one who plans on buying a console should need to be paying for that. It just means they get to jack up the price tag, and that what you get is basically a PC with a different brand name on it, that's about as far behind as the WiiU is to it compared to a regular PC.

This computer im typing on right now has similar if not better specs then the Xbox and is two years old nearly. It also cost about the same amount. The reason the Xbox one isn't impressive (as well as the PS4) is that they are entering a whole new world where they are already far behind. The WiiU (not including my personal feelings for the piston) is by far the best console if not the only. It has tons of exclusives, it's cheap, and features an actually useful gimmick. It is what a console embodies. There isn't any reason to choose an Xbox one over a PC, from paying the same price you'd get the same to better quality, largely the same titles, and more freedom. I can't say that same thing for the Wii U.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I HAD to choose one I would go with the Xbox one. It's multitasking capabilities, processing power, voice command features, I could go on but it's an amazing machine. Next would be my beloved Wii U, my 3DS, and prob ps4. They all look great to be fair.

Personally, I found all three of the main consoles underwhelming.

The PS4 and XBOX One, while powerful, fall very short of even current generation PCs, so there is no reason to purchase either of theme for sheer power. The multimedia features are certainly neat looking, but not something I'm particularly interested in nor are they enough of a reason for me to purchase a $400- $500 dollar console.

I was initially very impressed by the Wii U and I do believe Nintendo is going about making a console the right way by actually innovating rather than just beefing up their console. That being said, it's pretty much dead in the water right now due having such a small library of games. Obviously with E3 right around the corner I'll have some games to look forward to, but it will still be a bit of time before they are actually released.

I can't even be witty about this topic anymore. I'm buying the Wii U because of Windwaker and a few more games that I feel like I should play. Also, I own a PS3 and XBox 360 currently. So, it's a big jump for me.

I was really hyped up and anticipated for the Xbox 1. But after the press event, I'm not sure if I want to get one anymore. I was hoping to see games, news about used games, and that sort of things. To sum it up, this was basically the whole event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

As of right now the most impressive system would be the PC since it's so "flexible".

I don't like the idea of Xbox One, and PS4 at all...I am gonna stick with the 3DS.

Back