Who else here would stop buying games if Nintendo went mobile only?

Would you stop buying their games if they only decided to make smartphone apps?

• Yeah, I hate the typical smartphone app and I'd hate to see Mario or Zelda become a cheap rip off

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Maybe, there's still hope they might make decent ones

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I'll buy Nintendo games til they go bankrupt, regardless of system or format

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I know I would. Why? Because the typical smartphone game is just too basic and too low quality for me to bother with, and Nintendo making them exclusively would completely turn me away from ever dealing with the company again.

After all, to be stuck playing something like 'endless runner Mario game' or Pokemon with microtransactions and free to play crap after trying out hundreds of fan games of much higher quality would be an insult.

So who else is in the same boat and would stop dealing with Nintendo if they ever decided to appeal to short sighted investors and switch to making only cheap smartphone games/apps?

It's like the Game and Watch but upgraded a little bit and who wouldn't want that (sarcasm). Good thing that's never happening. Right?

To think of it, I might not. I would love to play some games on my Note 3, it has a huge screen and it'd be perfect on the go if my 3DS wasn't charged or I'm really in hurry or what ever situation. I just dislike the micro transactions, for example the Pokédex on mobile device where 5 USD per region and that app itself was I believe from .99-1.99 USD. But it has to make money so it's understandable, but don't put such overpriced.

I'd still buy them either way. I agree with Fuzzii, I do not like micro transactions. I'd never pay a dollar in a Super Mario game just to get an extra life, power ups, and to fully unlock all levels of the game. I would gladly buy their games on multiple devices, and even consider buying new/extra game content.

I'd buy them depending on what they were. Some of their RPG franchises would be great on them, but I can't see how some of their other franchises would work without physical buttons.

Except for Star Fox, which I buy anything and everything of, I likely wouldn't buy any Nintendo smartphone games. I have very, very few apps I've actually spent money on (mostly art programs, and a very few far more in depth then typical games designed specifically for tablets), and I never make in game purchases. Smart phone games just don't interest me that much but for an occasional passing fancy, and I detest games with in game purchases like most have. Not to mention the fact that the controls would be god awful. I'd likely just switch to PS4, or stick with my PC if Nintendo stopped producing console and handheld games.

I'd get them if they were free. I don't like buying apps and, as much as I love Nintendo, no app is worth money. I mean before my last phone went crazy, I had a Sonic game where you had to spin under and jump over things to get a high score. I could play it for hours. There's nothing wrong with smart phone games, they just aren't worth money.

Ignoring the incredibly unlikely and drastic change to their market and structure as a company and all the issues and improbabilities entirely, if they went only mobile, I think people would absolutely still buy Nintendo games. For starters, the games would be likely be properly adapted to mobile phones and be worth it to play on their own. Not only that but there's a huge market for mobile games, and it would be easy to tap into that, and it would be convenient for a lot of people, but very inconvenient for those who would not be for the change.

Even if people don't like playing games on Mobile phones or have one, if Nintendo genuinely went fully mobile (which by the way, is extremely unlikely, and at no point am I suggesting this to be likely nor do I agree with the sentiment) then there would still be ways for those who are resistant for this change to adapt without going fully into mobile phones. Android based handheld game systems are exactly the answer. It would allow people who appreciate more standard and typical video game experiences be able to play and appreciate their new games without using a phone.

Back