Why do Gamers post low quality gameplay videos on YouTube of them gaming on a slower Windows computer?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel Gamers may post low quality gameplay video of them gaming on a slower Windows computer which has an Intel Celeron or Atom, 4GB RAM, and slow video card like Nvidia 610 because they want to show other gamers how a game like Grand Theft Auto 5 looks and plays on a slower Windows computer, or prove that a game like GTA V can be playable on an Intel Pentium and other slower CPUs and slow video cards like the Nvidia 610.

Some gamers may find it funny and interesting posting gameplay videos of games being played on a slow Windows computer. Low quality video settings in games also may give the gameplay video recording a older classic video feeling like playing an older PC game like Quake 3.

Some poorer gamers may enjoy posting videos of gameplay video being played on a cheap slow computer to prove to other gamers that they don't need a fast computer and a lot of money to buy a Gaming PC to play some games like Fortnite and Pubg which can be played on some slower computers when users turn down the video quality setting to lower video quality settings.

Last edited:
While I understand where they are coming from, I find it annoying when I go to watch those videos on my decent computer with a decent screen.

It’s possible they might not be able to afford a nicer computer, or they’re not as anal about specs as your typical pc gamer, and just care about being able to play the game.

I think some lower video quality gameplay video maybe recorded on a school, work, friend or family members slower old computer which maybe using an older Intel CPU, 2GB RAM, and onboard video or slower video card like Nvidia 610 card.

Some PC gamers may not own their own PC, so they will need to borrow a PC from someone to play and record gameplay videos to post to YouTube, and other sites to share their high video game scores and video game walkthroughs with the internet.

I feel low quality gameplay videos of less popular games do not look as nice as a video recoreded in HD to 4K resolution.

But, low quality game video help promote a less popular game when a gamer with slower PCs post their lower quality videos online, and the video has good audio commentary like a positive review on the video. Some low quality video provide fans with gameplay video to watch for fun or informative reasons like how to beat a boss or level.

I feel low quality video gameplay video can be good for showing gamers in the future how games in 2019 look like when games are set to low video quality modes.

Plus, some less popular games with fewer fans may mostly have fans who own a slower computer, and have enough time to share long gameplay videos of a less popular game to YouTube.

I feel these low quality gameplay videos of less popular games are better than having no gameplay videos of less popular games because no one bother to record and upload their gameplay video of a less popular game to YouTube and other sites.

Depends on the video itself, they may not have the means of doing HD capture but might be recording the only clip of it known online.

Depends on the video itself, they may not have the means of doing HD capture but might be recording the only clip of it known online.

Some older PC game videos maybe recorded many years ago when 1GB RAM of RAM, single-core CPU, 100 GB hard drives, and slower onboard video chips from Intel and VIA were more commonly found on PC.

Many home computers were not fast and advance enough in the past to record HD content, and many PC can't play games in HD until more recently.

Back