Why do people think their opinions are better?

@Frog That's actually a pretty good way of thinking about it, never thought of it like that.
@Fanta They may not have ha the original idea, but they created it.
@Mori If you use that argument, then Nintendo copied Atari, and they copied arcade games. And if the guy has documents to prove that it is his idea, then Nintendo is at fault.

@Frog That's actually a pretty good way of thinking about it, never thought of it like that.
@Fanta They may not have ha the original idea, but they created it.
@Mori If you use that argument, then Nintendo copied Atari, and they copied arcade games. And if the guy has documents to prove that it is his idea, then Nintendo is at fault.

I never said Nintendo doesn't copy. Just that they innovate much more than Sony.
And while Nintendo might be at fault I don't think the guy has any chance of winning. Nintendo will most likely find a way to twists things in their favor and prove the guy wrong. Just thing of how many individuals tried to sue the enormous gaming companies, and how many of them one.
Unless I'm mistaken the only time Nintendo lost a lawsuit was when they were sued over their controllers, along with Microsoft, the latter having settled the matter before the trial.

First, let me say that let's continue this in a PM after this, unless you don't want to reply. Second, how many people have sued for actual good reasons? Most of Nintendo's lawsuits were because people were to stupid to use the strap on the Wii Mote. I don't remember them ever being sued over idea theft.

If it didn't get passed the hearing, that could have meant that the plaintiff didn't have solid evidence to support the suit, not necessarily that the Nintendo crime family sweetened a deal with the district.

If it didn't get passed the hearing, that could have meant that the plaintiff didn't have solid evidence to support the suit, not necessarily that the Nintendo crime family sweetened a deal with the district.
That seems more likely. lol But it could have still happened. Lots of rich people do that to avoid court/bad publicity.

I don't agree with this. Because not everyone does have an opinion, which is why you find so many people copying someone else's opinion because they think they are cool.
THIS.

That seems more likely. lol But it could have still happened. Lots of rich people do that to avoid court/bad publicity.
Hey, you never know with Nintendo though. Princess peach has been getting kidnapped by the same turtle dragon for about 20 years now and Mario has to keep getting her. Something's going on there.

tumblr_m2xxtqotY91r1oj9bo1_400.jpg
Inside job maybe?

Hey, you never know with Nintendo though. Princess peach has been getting kidnapped by the same turtle dragon for about 20 years now and Mario has to keep getting her. Something's going on there.

tumblr_m2xxtqotY91r1oj9bo1_400.jpg
Inside job maybe?

I thought everyone knew that Bowser was Peach's secret lover and the whole kidnapping thing was just an act :p

An opinion copied, is still an opinion nonetheless.

It is an opinion, but not THEIR opinion.
Its fine to copy an opinion, as long as you take the time to understand it.
There are a lot of people that are for the death penalty simply because someone they admire is, but still have no idea of how it could be good or bad.

How can you prove that someone's opinion is not their own? It might be YOUR opinion that they copied it from someone else, but they might have given it some thought and simply changed their mind.

The bottomline is that you can't.

It does happen, and when it does, it doesn't necessarily include a justification, especially since, chances are, that person already knows that some asshole is going to come along and assume that they opined because it was the popular thing to do.. and not because they actually thought about it. As if, this person was the expert on people and their opinions or something.

People are different, and they do change, and over time, so do their opinions, the time frame in which that happens could be hours, days, weeks, months or years, whatever the case, it does happen. Only an arrogant person would dare to assume the reason when it does.

Everybody has an opinion, and that is a fact. The only real exception would be if a person is brainwashed, and that is because your opinions are being fed to you.. and even then, there is the chance that someone wakes up and realizes that they are being brainwashed, has the opinion that it is wrong and has a change of heart. Before that, if you were to tell them that they were being brainwashed, they'd tell you that they were not, which would still be their opinion, because it would not be fact.

Those who say they don't have an opinion usually do so because they either don't care, or they want to avoid giving a response for whatever reason.. like, being of the opinion that saying something would escalate things.. and even in that case, it is still an opinion.. it's just an ambivalent one.. which brings me back to my original statement of how opinions are like assholes.

Yes I can't prove that someone doesn't have an opinion of their own, and for my defense I never once accused anyone of that. I was simply stating the fact that such people exist.
Its also a fact that there are people that overtly show it, in which case you don't necessarily have to be an asshole to assume that.

I apologize if you thought that was an attack on you, it wasn't and it was not my intention, neither was I accusing you, as my post was innocuous and not directed at anyone in general.

I am just saying that you can't prove someone's opinions aren't their's.. and you'd make a bigger asshole out of yourself, for ASSuming that you can, which is what is meant when they say that when you assume, you make an ass of yourself. The risk alone only hurts your credibility, and makes you look like an asshole at the same time. This is why you shouldn't make assumptions. (Again, the you in this instance is innocuous.)

The fact of the matter is that everyone has an opinion, including those who say they don't, and people are too unpredictable for that not to be the case, which is why it is probably best that you give a person the benefit of the doubt.

Oh no worries, I didn't feel attacked at all. I actually also have an issue with people that make assumptions about things they barely know about. I was just saying that not all of them are assholes that only want to judge since when it involves some people, its hard not to assume the worst. Its also not my place to say whether its right or wrong since they are free to assume whatever they want as long as they don't start stupid rumors (which some assholes tend to do).

Also I can't bring myself to call copying an opinion, having an opinion.
1. I visited both France and Italy and my opinion is that Italy was better in most aspect. Thats having an opinion.
2. My opinion is that France is better than Italy in every aspect because after the person above said so I made some research about both. Thats having an opinion.
3. My opinion is that Italy is better than France in every aspect because #1 said so. Thats not having an opinion.

The only opinion #3 has is that #1 was most likely right. That person however didn't take the time to forge an opinion about whether Italy or France are better.
You can pretty much say that all they did was assume that #1 was right and #2 was wrong.
If their opinions were swapped, #3 would have changed "his opinion" to match that of #1.

I might be wrong but I don't and can't consider this having an opinion.

Back