Wii U Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest here Aidsor, there is never a way this could be done and leave everyone happy of the results. The only two people who were on who could have taken part in a live viewing of a raffle (which I didn't know there was a option to use.) was bowser and mori and one is a loyal member of the winner's forum and people could just have viewed the second person in league of the whole set up.

I've been running this place for 5 years now, and I wouldn't start this late in the game using deceit and lies. Even if I did provide a better open door selection of the number winner I don't think it would change the results any. I set up this contest to be fair as if I did a posting contest GA would win hands down and if I did arcade then bowser or Mori would be owning a Wii U right now as evident of past contests.

I can't do much more with this contest anymore but I certainly will keep in mind of the things and resource I learned from this contest to be used on future ones to hopefully prove more fairness.

-DS

You set a number picking at a time where you think is the most suitable. Not midnight. A lot of people would try to make it there.
Sounds good to me. too late now.

On a side off topic note, having a point given for "members to advertise the Content where allowed in a forum that has a minimum of 100 members would've really boosted more contestants as well and where you promoted the contest by saying something like "By only joining you are entitled to pick a number! Anyone can win!!" type thing would've gotten a heck of a lot of more attention.

Memento won a contest after he joined. A new member joining, and DS rigging it? No chance in hell. True, I won a $200 contest, but that was a posting contest, and DS realized that wasn't fair because I'm the biggest poster other than him. A contest before that a member came, won, never came back, and did nothing but post 30 times, and that sure as hell wasn't fair. Plus if you won, you wouldn't complain, and if I won, I wouldn't either, simple as that basically. There are plenty of previous things to make DS look trust worthy.

And he did do the number picking at CST midnight, he said that quite a few times.

I never had a problem with not winning. I was not around for previous contests so I couldn't really use my judgement of trust. Nor can all members who entered the contest who are newer. Its much better just to do it securely instead though.

You set a number picking at a time where you think is the most suitable. Not midnight. A lot of people would try to make it there.
Sounds good to me. too late now.

Considering my method that I used there would be no point to announce an official picking time. If I was using a live group number picking then I would have specified a time the next day when people would most likely be on.

On a side off topic note, having a point given for "members to advertise the Content where allowed in a forum that has a minimum of 100 members would've really boosted more contestants as well and where you promoted the contest by saying something like "By only joining you are entitled to pick a number! Anyone can win!!" type thing would've gotten a heck of a lot of more attention.

This is true, but those checking out the contest would have seen by singing up and confirming their email they get a number into the contest.

I never had a problem with not winning. I was not around for previous contests so I couldn't really use my judgement of trust. Nor can all members who entered the contest who are newer. Its much better just to do it securely instead though.

As I've stated in the GF history I became admin of the forum without ever knowing what a ACP is and very recently learn how to finally upload a image to a hosting service like PB and link it to my sig. Five years later I'm still learning and as I've stated before I will do a live number ticket picking for now on with any future contests like this. It's painfully obvious now that is what I should have look into before doing the drawing.

Well, I suppose i cannot complain anymore. Everything was said. At least I won Blackops 2. No wait a second. That got screwed over....(source)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back