Will department stores always sell many tech products?

Honestly that might be the case too.

Everything will be available everywhere. I bet this would be the reality .....of our future.

I thought this thread was about department stores like Sears, Macy’s, and JC Penny’s.

This thread is about Department stores. But, it gotten somewhat offtopic in some of the replies. Walmart is considered a Department store according to List of department stores by country - Wikipedia . But, I feel it Walmart is more of a discount store or mega-store which sells a lot of things like food, car tires, and car batteries which are not always available at Department stores.

This thread is about Department stores. But, it gotten somewhat offtopic in some of the replies. Walmart is considered a Department store according to List of department stores by country - Wikipedia . But, I feel it Walmart is more of a discount store or mega-store which sells a lot of things like food, car tires, and car batteries which are not always available at Department stores.

According to Wikipedia, discount stores are a subcategory of department stores according to the department store wiki.

According to Wikipedia, discount stores are a subcategory of department stores according to the department store wiki.

Thanks for the reply about discount stores being a subcategory of department stores.

After reading the Wiki about Department store on Wikipedia, I think department stores are stores which have more than one section in the store dedicated to two or more different product categories of products like Wal-Mart and Sears have sections/departments in their store dedicated to clothing, electronics, tools, kitchenware, etc.

I think there are always going to be people who are not tech savvy and they buy their phones, laptops, memory cards and some other tech stuff from stores like Walmart. Those of us who are savvy enough, we always look for deals and buy online a lot.

I think there are always going to be people who are not tech savvy and they buy their phones, laptops, memory cards and some other tech stuff from stores like Walmart. Those of us who are savvy enough, we always look for deals and buy online a lot.

I feel a lot of less tech savvy people have relatives and friends who can help them save money by buying phones, laptops, and tablets from the internet.

But, I think things like batteries, USB cables, phone cases, and smaller TV would always be sold at Walmart and other stored. But, some of the more expensive items like laptops, tablets, and Gaming PC may not be sold at some stores because most people buy them online or ask their tech savvy friends and family members to buy them online to save money.

It makes sense what you say, but I have family members who will not ask me or any one else for advice and believe the word of the salesman because they are more "in touch with the industry". Also don't forget the feminists who think a man's assistance is the pathway to the dark side.

It makes sense what you say, but I have family members who will not ask me or any one else for advice and believe the word of the salesman because they are more "in touch with the industry". Also don't forget the feminists who think a man's assistance is the pathway to the dark side.

It strange that people still feel salesman are more "in touch with the industry", but salesmen may recommend products which are more expensive or not very good, and are harder to sell. There is also no proof that the salesmen at a store is more in touch with the industry compared to a tech savvy electronics fan who reads a lot of technology websites, books, and watch hours of electronic product reviews on the internet per month.

It strange that people still feel salesman are more "in touch with the industry", but salesmen may recommend products which are more expensive or not very good, and are harder to sell. There is also no proof that the salesmen at a store is more in touch with the industry compared to a tech savvy electronics fan who reads a lot of technology websites, books, and watch hours of electronic product reviews on the internet per month.
It's strange but it happens, which is the weird part.

It's strange but it happens, which is the weird part.

I think many people don't read the many posts on forums, blogs, news articles, and social networks posts, and talk to many people who have bad experiences with a salesmen at an electronics and computer stores where the salesmen may recommend people buy expensive products like gold plated HDMI cables which usually does not improve the picture quality of their TV and cable box.

I think many people don't read the many posts on forums, blogs, news articles, and social networks posts, and talk to many people who have bad experiences with a salesmen at an electronics and computer stores where the salesmen may recommend people buy expensive products like gold plated HDMI cables which usually does not improve the picture quality of their TV and cable box.

I'll tell you this, I have an aunt who quotes Whatsapp messages and Facebook and believes in everything she reads on their. And she makes the purchase decisions for her house.

I'll tell you this, I have an aunt who quotes Whatsapp messages and Facebook and believes in everything she reads on their. And she makes the purchase decisions for her house.

Using social networks to make big decisions is not the best idea with the amount of fake news and scammers on social networks. I think forums and blogs about houses, and local home-related websites are better sites for making home buying decisions.

Using social networks to make big decisions is not the best idea with the amount of fake news and scammers on social networks.

Sadly, this is true. We live in an age where people would believe anything at the drop of a hat. Global warming is a myth, the Earth is really flat like a board and your grandma worships a picture of Obi-Wan and says it is Jesus.

Using social networks to make big decisions is not the best idea with the amount of fake news and scammers on social networks.
Ideas should be made by asking the right questions, which is hard in the current age with so much truth being censored away from you.

Fake news is not something an individual creates in their own room, in a troll factory, or in Russia.
Fake news is something major organisations and governments create, and make use of every media source out there (TV, radio, newspaper, magazine, billboards, internet, SNS, etc.), and fake news is 1 single narrative you'd hear on all of them from all networks.

Sadly, this is true. We live in an age where people would believe anything at the drop of a hat. Global warming is a myth, the Earth is really flat like a board and your grandma worships a picture of Obi-Wan and says it is Jesus.
While I know Vanderion meant this as a satire, global warming actually is a myth.
The reality is climate engineering, it's really commercial farmers and airplane companies that (mostly unwillingly) cause the effects of so-called "global warming".
But instead of doing anything about it (because that means losing trillions of money for those companies, and therefore less tax money for governments), they put everyone else at fault and call it "global warming" (and even go as far as paying scientists lots of money to put their "research" into the direction they want, while those who do it the neutral way get censored away).

Ideas should be made by asking the right questions, which is hard in the current age with so much truth being censored away from you.

Fake news is not something an individual creates in their own room, in a troll factory, or in Russia.
Fake news is something major organisations and governments create, and make use of every media source out there (TV, radio, newspaper, magazine, billboards, internet, SNS, etc.), and fake news is 1 single narrative you'd hear on all of them from all networks.

There are also now many conspiracy theories on social networks and sometimes offline news like TV which can be difficult to prove it is true or fake . But, I think some conspiracy theories like the people who believe in flat earth are creating fake news as a joke meme, earn money or get attention, or they maybe having mental health problems which make them more likely to post and re-post news which is fake.

There are also now many conspiracy theories on social networks and sometimes offline news like TV which can be difficult to prove it is true or fake . But, I think some conspiracy theories like the people who believe in flat earth are creating fake news as a joke meme, earn money or get attention, or they maybe having mental health problems which make them more likely to post and re-post news which is fake.
Fun fact: the term "conspiracy theory" was invented by the NSA so that you would trust their propaganda (which is the news you'd see in every mainstream media outlet worldwide by the way) instead of leaks by whistle blowers for example.

But stuff like "flat Earth" being fake is as obvious as it can be, so no need to have fake news about that to know it's a lie.

Back