Will fewer TVs come with built-in speakers in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think in the future, more TVs may come with a bundled sound bar or external speakers to make the TV look more worth buying compared to other TVs with built-in speakers.

More TVs may someday be thinner as the price of thin tvs become more affordable, and thin tvs are proven to be as durable as regular LCD TVs. Some thin tvs may not come with speakers because it would make a TV slightly thicker. TV with speakers will cost slightly more money compared to a TV which users need to plug-in external speakers or headphones into the sound output ports like many desktop tower computers which are not all-in-one PCs like laptops, All-in-one PCs like the Apple iMac.

Last edited:
They should come with them, no matter how bad. Though I will always hook them up to an external sound bar.

Most probably that might be the case.
I don't think anyone I know is using the default speaker set to be honest....well, the TVs are old xD
But still....

I feel the TV bundled TV speakers maybe wireless battery powered wifi or bluetooth speakers in the future, so people can listen to the speakers more closely to avoid needing to set the volume to a high volume to hear the TV from far away from the TV.

They should come with them, no matter how bad. Though I will always hook them up to an external sound bar.

Maybe including a pair of cheap removable TV stereo speakers with a TV maybe a good alternative to built-in speakers on a TV.

I do wonder how long that will last.

I feel more desktop PCs won't come with keyboards and mouses since more people are buying higher quality keyboards and mouse like gaming keyboards and mouses which can last a long time.

What about business grade PCs?

Business PC mostly use for simpler tasks may still come with keyboard and mouse for PC used for more basic tasks like cash registers, secretary work, restaurant food ordering system, and guest computers.

But, I feel more advance Business PC users like video editors, computer programmers, network admin, and accountants may prefer to pick their own keyboard and mouse which look nice, and feel more comfortable to use.

There are now more older computer workers who may prefer to use their own keyboard and mouse with bigger buttons, larger text labels on the keys, wrist support pillows and hand grips, and don't want to use the bundled keyboard and mouse which maybe less comfortable for them to use.

Back