Will Keyboard PCs be a popular standalone gaming system like handhelds and tablets?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
If CPUs, and video chips become very fast, cheap, and reliable, I can see many PC companies making Keyboards with built-in PCs which can play games like a handheld with a built-in screen, or the keyboard can be pluged into a monitor or TV for gaming.

Cheap Keyboard PCs can be interesting for people who just need a cheap PC for playing emulators, games like minecraft, and PC games like Puzzle, turn based RPG, and slower action games where a separate more expensive gaming keyboard and mouse is as important.

There is always a possibility that keyboard PCs will come with a small 7 inch or bigger LCD screen for displaying video like a handheld, HDMI, VGA, and RCA video outputs, a more advance OS like Android, Windows, or Linux, and a better CPU like AMD Ryzen 3 and video chip like Nvidia MX150 which can play many PC games depending on the system requirements.

There are mini keyboard computers with a built-in keyboard on the top of the mini-pc case, and these keyboard PCs are sometimes fast enough to play some older PC games on low to medium settings depending on how fast the CPU, video chip is, and how much RAM it has. But, they are usually not a good deal compared to building your own $500 desktop computer which can play more games at medium to high video settings.

Last edited:
I could see myself using it.

Back