Will Nintendo & Microsoft make Mini-consoles which can play physical games?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think Nintendo may make a Mini-console which can play smaller sized cartridge games which are the size of a SD Memory card sort of like how Sony made the PlayStation TV/Vita TV which can play Vita game cartridge games on TV, and use the PS3 controller to control games.

There maybe a lot of people who may buy a mini-version of the Nintendo 64 where they can buy physical smaller sized cartridges for playing games like Super Mario 64, Golden Eye, Turok, etc.

It maybe less likely for Microsoft to make a mini-console where users can insert physical games into the console. But, if mini-consoles from Nintendo and Sony becomes very popular,
or Microsoft wants to sell consoles to poorer countries, there maybe a possibility that MS makes a mini-console version of the first Xbox where gamers can buy Halo 1, Forza, Fable, and other games.

Maybe, just depends on how badly the market wants it.

Maybe, just depends on how badly the market wants it.

I think there maybe a fan base for a mini-console version of the N64, Gamecube, Xbox Original and PlayStation 2 where you can play games off a cartridge or disc since there are gamers who want to play older games like Final Fantasy 7, Halo, and Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, but may not be interested in buying the games from PSN, Xbox Live, or Steam because of their poor internet connection, or not being a fan of downloadable games because they can't resell them to friends or Gamestop. Some people may also not want to buy a more expensive and bigger sized PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, and other console just to play a few classic games which they never got a chance to play.

Eh, not sure. Sony maybe. They seem to be into that sort of thing.

But Microsoft? I honestly doubt they'll release an Xbox Mini. Most of their big games are third party productions, and the amount of nostalgia anyone has for Microsoft as a company is pretty limited.

Eh, not sure. Sony maybe. They seem to be into that sort of thing.

But Microsoft? I honestly doubt they'll release an Xbox Mini. Most of their big games are third party productions, and the amount of nostalgia anyone has for Microsoft as a company is pretty limited.

Sony released the Vita TV mini console which is called the Playstation TV outside of Japan. The Vita TV came out a few years ago.

I think Sony Electronics which make Blu-Ray Players may release a Sony Android TV mini console which can play games, use apps, and watching video video streamed from Netflix and YouTube because fewer people are buying Blu-Ray Players, and more people are starting to buy Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast settop boxes.

Microsoft may licensed the Xbox name, Xbox operating system and games to a third-party electronics company like RCA, and earn money with royalties when a console and game is sold.

The Sega Genesis is still being made in South America by a third-party company, but the company still need to pay royalties to Sega for consoles and games it sold.

Back