Will Sony and Nintendo ever release a console with a Microsoft Windows Operating system?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It is unlikely that Sony and Nintendo ever use a Microsoft Windows OS like the Xbox One which uses Windows 10 Core. Sony PS4 and Nintendo Switch both use an OS which is based on FreeBSD/Unix.

But, I think there is a small possibility that Sony and Nintendo may release a console with a Windows/Microsoft OS especially if Microsoft start making more powerful and affordable CPUs which only work on a Windows based operating system, and not work on other OS, or Microsoft buys AMD and make AMD CPU only work on Windows.

There is always a chance that Sony and Nintendo made very bad business decisions which end up causing them to lose a lot of money, and sell their console business to Microsoft or another company who decides to use a Windows/Microsoft operating system in future consoles.

Nope, they don't want to pay MS money. I'm sure MS hates paying Sony for the use of blu-rays.

Nope, they don't want to pay MS money. I'm sure MS hates paying Sony for the use of blu-rays.

Windows 10 is also free for devices which is under 9 inches in size, so if the console has a 9 inch screen and smaller screens according to Windows 10 devices up to 9″ remains free to OEMs with Anniversary Update | On MSFT

Sony and Nintendo would not need to pay for a license to use Windows 10 if they include a small screen on their console.

I think Bill gates who is the founder of Microsoft, and some Microsoft workers does not care much about paying Sony and the other Blu-Ray inventor companies who are Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Thomson, LG Electronics, Hitachi, Sharp, and Samsung Electronics the Blu-Ray Fees for the Blu-Ray player product licenses of $9.50 for a Blu-ray Disc player according to Blu-ray Disc Licensing Gets Cheaper and Easier

Microsoft can make more than $9.50 after a gamer buys a $60 game.

Yeah, that's not happening. And MS can't do that after buying amd as it goes against the law and the competition can sue them.

I would think that MS would want to keep their stuff away from Sony and Nintendo. Who wants to sell their stuff to their competitor?

I mean, sure, it would make them some money. However, everybody would have that operating system and not just MS. Wouldn't MS loose some of their edge over their competition.

I think if Sony still made desktop computers, Sony may make a more powerful Sony branded desktop Gaming PC the size of a game console which uses the Windows operating system for using Windows software like Firefox and MS Office, playing PC games and playing Playstation disc and digital downloaded games within Windows with a Playstation game player/emulator software.

I would think that MS would want to keep their stuff away from Sony and Nintendo. Who wants to sell their stuff to their competitor?

I mean, sure, it would make them some money. However, everybody would have that operating system and not just MS. Wouldn't MS loose some of their edge over their competition.

I think Microsoft can cause people and other companies to complain about Microsoft abusing their power by refusing the sale of Windows to a buyer like Sony and Nintendo who want to legally buy a license for Windows and other software for whatever purpose they want. Anyone can buy the Windows operating system at a physical, and online store, and buyers can use Windows for running any Windows compatible software and hardware.

A lot of people use Microsoft Windows because there are no alternatives OS which can run all their Windows games, hardware like Printers and scanner, and software which only work on Windows. Many Microsoft costumers will complain if they see that Microsoft is the blocking the purchase of Windows to a buyer. If Microsoft ban a buyer from buying Windows, some people may fear that they can be banned from buying Windows because Microsoft does not like what they are using Windows for, or don't like them.

Not being able to buy Windows can cause people a lot of trouble since they will no longer use their Windows compatible software, games, and hardware which only work with Microsoft Windows OS.

Last edited:
Back