Will streaming games become more popular than installing mobile games on a smartphone?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
If mobile gamers can play streaming games which are Triple A higher quality games like Halo, Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto V, and Overwatch in HD 60 frames per second without internet streaming slowdown and disconnection problems on a smartphone, I think more people will choose to play streaming games on a smartphone, and use a controller for phones to play triple A games streamed to their smartphone instead of playing more basic mobile games like Angry Birds, Temple Run, and Fruit Ninja.

A lot of people also have phones with slower CPUs, less RAM, and less free storage space for installing many big games like Asphalt 8, so streaming popular games like Halo to a smartphone can be a popular option for phones with less free storage, and slower phones which can't play more CPU and RAM intensive mobile games like Need for Speed No Limit.

Well, installation files are huge these days.

So, it's better to play an online game than to go with the installation game. That's how I feel but because of the network connectivity here, I prefer games that need to be installed.

Hopefully not, not in this bandwidth limited world.

I feel once 5G and faster higher performance Wi-Fi routers gets release streaming games will run better. I read online that 5G would have a max speed of 10 Gb per second.

But, I feel internet service providers would slow down the speed of their internet connection unless you pay hundreds to thousands of dollars a month for faster speeds. ISPs may also mess up their network, and it runs slow, and disconnects a lot.

I think streaming games maybe less popular with gamers who want to have backup copy of the game app apk installer file for Android, save files, and installation files, so if the game gets unpublished from the online game store, they can still play the game on a new phone by re-installing it with the game app installer file, game data files, and mods.

Back