Will you buy a 3DS?

Zexis

Ex-staff
Awards
Credits
Holy moly, this board popped up JUST as I posted about it in announcements. Creepy.

Anyways, how many of you plan on getting a 3DS? I've been thinking, and this is probably the biggest upgrade in the DS series yet. The DSi was nice, but none of the other DS iterations really had any substantial hardware changes. Now, if the 3d and the games turn out to be as impressive as I think they will be, I think I'll finally upgrade from old, clunky, original DS.

I'll most likely be trading in my regular DS for a 3DS when it comes out. There are a lot of neat games that excite me.

No. Not until they make good games for it anyway. And don't say OoT3D. They killed the 2nd greatest Zelda game ever.

And how did they kill the game? Am I the only member of the homo sapiens on this forum that just plays a game for what it is? I don't go moaning about pathetic things like "OMG the coins in Super Mario Galaxy are slightly over an inch too wide", or "TOON LINK SUX"

I am one of the few who cares about graphics. Graphics practically make or break the game for me. They don't have to be amazing, but I don't want graphics that'll make my brain fry.

i may buy a 3ds i may not, really havent decided yet...i most likely will tho because im sure there will be really good feedback about it and sumthing will come out for it thatll tempt me to buy it, so im more likely to buy it then not, and i most likely wont be doing a trade it.

Actually, does the 3DS run DS games ok? Because if not, I may not do a trade-in, either.

As far as I know, it can play DS games, just not GBA games, but than again that's going WAAAAAYYYYYYY too far backwards, and its standard now, the DSi didn't support it either. (Virtual console, perhaps?)

And how did they kill the game? Am I the only member of the homo sapiens on this forum that just plays a game for what it is? I don't go moaning about pathetic things like "OMG the coins in Super Mario Galaxy are slightly over an inch too wide", or "TOON LINK SUX"

The only coin I found that was an inch too wide was several inches too wide and found in Supermassive Galaxy, right near the beginning.

ANYWAY, I'll certainly be getting a 3DS. The question is, do I trade in my limited edition DS Lite (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness style... Red and black) or do I keep it?

As far as I know, it can play DS games, just not GBA games, but than again that's going WAAAAAYYYYYYY too far backwards, and its standard now, the DSi didn't support it either. (Virtual console, perhaps?)

The only coin I found that was an inch too wide was several inches too wide and found in Supermassive Galaxy, right near the beginning.

You mean the huge spinning one? That's definetly too large.
tongue.gif

Well it was just a DS fourm now it's a 3DS fourm, but it doesn't mean I have to like the 3DS. In fact I say it'll do worse than the 360, but better than the PS3 because PS3's just suck.

Well it was just a DS fourm now it's a 3DS fourm, but it doesn't mean I have to like the 3DS. In fact I say it'll do worse than the 360, but better than the PS3 because PS3's just suck.

Then what DO you like??? The 360's an okay console but has the best online. (not the best community though...) The PS3 is the best 7th gen console IMO, its got some great exclusives and amazing graphics. The wii is great if you like nintendo exclusives, if not you have no reason to buy it. The 3DS looks like the most promising handheld sense the original DS. I honestly could care less about the 3D and I think that theres a way to turn it off.

That's the thing though. If you turn it off it's just a normal DS. So what I want to know is if 3DS games work for other DS systems.

That is true, if its possible to play 3DS games on a DS that would be fantastic

Back