Will you buy a 3DS?

Yes, and half of the reason is just because I'm a Nintendo slave. If a new system comes out, I'm going to get it partly just so I can play the next game in a series. I might have to get some stimulation to my economy though, because I don't forsee many games being bought after I get the 3DS if it stays as is.

Last edited by a moderator:
3DS games won't work on the regular DS...or will they? If they could, they'd probably look funny since they're programmed to be displayed in 3D. The only way to know for sure is for someone to chop off the little tab on a 3DS game cartridge and to stick it into a non-3D DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
3DS games won't work on the 3DS...or will they? If they could, they'd probably look funny since they're programmed to be displayed in 3D. The only way to know for sure is for someone to chop off the little tab on a 3DS game cartridge and to stick it into a non-3D DS.

I assume 3DS games will play on the 3DS quite nicely.

I assume 3DS games will play on the 3DS quite nicely.
You know what he meant, heh. But on that topic, I highly doubt 3DS games working on a DS. Why? It's not just the 3D business that's been added, because the graphics have also been improved to near Gamecube standard I think. So it's a lot like the PlayStation stuff, you can play PS1 games on a PS2, but can't play PS2 games on a PS1 (I think that's right... *shifty eyes*). The DS wasn't made to process game chips that held the data that the 3DS game chips will hold, basically.

D'oh >.< Thanks for pointing that out, Magikarp.

That's the thing though. If you turn it off it's just a normal DS. So what I want to know is if 3DS games work for other DS systems.
As Dan pointed out, it wouldn't be the same. There's higher quality and higher resolution graphics, The top screen is a wide screen, and there is an analog slider... So in order to play on the DS, you'd have to shrink both screens (the top screen even more) reduce the control scheme, and use less detailed graphics so the game wouldn't lag.

Just for a comparison:

NDS:
Nintendogs.jpg

N3DS:
nintendogs-cats-3ds-20100615050658658_640w.jpg

I didn't know you could add or subtract from your own reputation. I pressed the plus on my post instead of Zexis's and it actually worked.

I didn't know you could add or subtract from your own reputation. I pressed the plus on my post instead of Zexis's and it actually worked.
Heh, well, now you know!

And why did somebody find my post worthy of negative reputation? Darn it all to heck.

I see no negative rep on your post, likely because enough people like you to undo any bad rep. Because NintenDan is awesome.

But yes, I will buy a 3DS, if the name doesn't make it clear enough.

This topic just got me thinking... have there been any announcements regarding the touch screen of the DS? Will it still require a stylus to use it, or will it be up to date with the standards of touch screen, i.e. using the tips of your fingers.

You could always use your fingers. But the problem is, you'll lose a ton of precision, get your screen all smudgy, and you won't be able to see the screen quite as well.

You could always use your fingers. But the problem is, you'll lose a ton of precision, get your screen all smudgy, and you won't be able to see the screen quite as well.
With the DS, you'd have to push pretty hard to use your fingers. If you had fingernails you'd be able to do it, but my finger was never sensed by the touch screen when I used the very tips.

^ I used the touch screen minus the stylus fairly well, heck, you must be the only one I've known who can't use their fingers to activate the DS touch screen Dan...

With the DS, you'd have to push pretty hard to use your fingers. If you had fingernails you'd be able to do it, but my finger was never sensed by the touch screen when I used the very tips.
Mine was. @-@

Back