Windows tablet Better for web browser users who visit sites with flash Java ActiveX web apps games?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think if you visit many older websites which require Adobe Flash Player, Microsoft Silverlight which is similar to Flash, Java for playing browser games like Runescape, and use ActiveX programs in Internet Explorer, a Windows tablet is a better choice for your mobile browsing needs.

Android no longer has a recent version of Adobe Flash Player. There is no Java and MS Silverlight web browser plug-in for Android, and iOS. ActiveX apps only work in Internet Explorer 11 and older IE.

Windows 8.1 and 10 tablets are more likely to have okay performance which is good for web browsing. Many cheaper Windows tablet like the HP Stream 7 uses an 1.8GHz Intel Atom Quad Core Processor which is better than most very cheap lowend Asian/Chinese processors found on cheaper Android tablets. There are a also very cheap $70 or cheaper Windows tablets which usually use an Intel Atom 1.3 GHz slower Quad Core CPU which are good enough for browsing most sites.

Most Windows tablet now have 2GB or more RAM, and sometimes 1GB of RAM because the bare minimum requirement to run Windows 8 and older versions of Windows 10 is 1GB, so most tablets should be able to use web sites with some flash and java apps and games.

I also feel Windows have a better selection of lightweight web browsers like Slimjet, K-Meleon, Opera, Vivaldi, Qtweb, etc. The Windows version of Firefox and Chrome are also getting better running on slower Intel processors like the Atom, Celeron, and Core i3.

Last edited:
Hard to say, but I just feel all devices should have the maximum amount of RAM in them.

I guess you're right. If you need a tablet for browsing the web, a Windows tablet would be a good choice, but when it comes to apps, nothing beats the latest iPad.

I guess you're right. If you need a tablet for browsing the web, a Windows tablet would be a good choice, but when it comes to apps, nothing beats the latest iPad.

I agree the Apple iPad has a lot of good apps.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of educational quizzes, apps, and practice tests which are made mostly with Flash or Java. Some school textbooks come with a CD or downloadable content from the textbook's website which has educational quizes, exams, and content made for Adobe Flash and Java which needs a web browser like the desktop version of Firefox, IE, or Chrome, and the Flash and Java Plug-in installed in Windows to use it.

Flash and Java were popular in the past, and does not require users to install them on a computer because they can run off a disc, USB drive, SD card, folder in a external or internal hard drive, website, and other forms of storage. Users will only need to use a desktop browser like Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, or a Flash player program to run these educational flash and java programs.

I feel there are some Flash, Java, Unity web player and Silverlight online games, programs, and content where there are no other mobile apps which can currently replace them because the owner of the content did not make a mobile app version of the flash game, program, and content like quizes to work on iPad and Android. There may also not be anyone interested in making a paid or free app which would only be used by a couple hundred or less students.

The owner of the flash or java content may now be retired, and the company may of closed down by now, so there is little chance that the content will be made into a mobile app, and the content is still copyright protected by the owner of the quiz or game maker, so app makers can't use the content to make a mobile app without the owner's permission.

Last edited:
I think if you visit many older websites which require Adobe Flash Player, Microsoft Silverlight which is similar to Flash, Java for playing browser games like Runescape, and use ActiveX programs in Internet Explorer, a Windows tablet is a better choice for your mobile browsing needs.

This is good to know. Thankfully I don't play browser based games anymore. Any that I do have an app for that. I have an iPad an an android tab.

I think Windows based tablets also has better mouse, keyboard, and Active touch pen support like the pen which comes with the Windows Surface Pro 4 Tablets. Windows tablet's can be a good choice for using Flash, Java, and ActiveX games and apps because most of these games and apps are designed to be used with a physical keyboard and mouse.

Back