Would people use their old laptops longer if it is easy to change the case with another case?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think people who are more interested in fashion, and being trendy may continue to use their older laptop if they can more easily install their laptop parts into a nicer looking case which is made of metal, or has a more modern design.

Some old laptops made by IBM, Compaq, and HP don't look very trendy or fashionable, so some trendy people may not want to use them in public because their trendy friends may make fun of their laptop's case design like how people make fun of people for wearing outdated looking clothes from the 1980s.

I find very little people wanting it for look other than actual reliability it won't break easily.

I find very little people wanting it for look other than actual reliability it won't break easily.

I agree most users want reliability.

Older laptops are the most reliable in my experience, but the look of the laptop does not look modern like some metal laptop cases, or cute plastic cases which younger users find more attractive.

Some people with modern looking laptops may want a laptop with a more older design where they look more professional and rugged rather than modern and basic.

95% of the time I don't really care hows it looks, the 5% would be in a business enviroment where you got the big boss etc :)

95% of the time I don't really care hows it looks, the 5% would be in a business enviroment where you got the big boss etc :)

I think as long as the laptop does not have a distracting design like bright pink, red, green, or purple color, I would use it. I sometimes find lights on electronics can be somewhat distracting in a dark room where the lights sometimes shine very brightly, or blink like on routers.

I think people who easily get distracted by bright colors, and lights may want to switch to a case with more basic colors and fewer lights.

The only light that I would want to see on the lid is the brand's logo like what HP does on some of their laptops.

The only light that I would want to see on the lid is the brand's logo like what HP does on some of their laptops.

I prefer that there are no lights on a laptop, so the battery life is slightly better. Plus, laptop lights can break which may cause other parts to break if the light is setup like a wire where it needs to be working for the laptop to turn ON.

Regardless of the outer appearance of my older laptop, I'd still use it if it means that it's programs and capabilities still catch up with the modern applications and programs in the market. Functionality is key for me.

Back