Would you accept the offer?

Hmm... I think that I would probably accept the offer, I mean, I can still keep in touch with the outside world(?). Even tough my selfies would be pretty lame since I prefer an iPhone camera, lol. But come on, being a game tester sounds just like a dream, I can't turn my back to this one. And when that time ends I would probably be adapted to use those devices... and I would maybe sign another one, who knows!

I'd probably not agree to those terms for a few reasons since the salary mentioned was decent but nothing out of the ordinary (a huge salary .. well, that's a horse of a different color). First, I prefer playing the PS4 more and I suspect that Sony is going to start pulling away from Microsoft over the next several years so I would be stuck playing what I would consider to be a somewhat inferior product. Second, as a game tester, you would be beholden to test whatever games that you were given. I am sure that most of us have picked a real loser of a game at least once in our life but, after a few hours, we admitted our mistake and rarely played it again. Now, as a tester, you might be stuck playing an awful game with terrible AI for days, if not weeks, at a time. That's a pretty tough pill to swallow unless the pay is commensurate.

I'd do it, I already play Xbox a lot. But with this I'm just getting paid to do it along with being able to play on PC. The only thing I'd be a bit iffy about is the whole phone deal. I've never used a Microsoft phone so I don't know what it's like but then again I'm a very simplistic person. As long as the phone has some form of internet, able to play some games and there's a few decent apps then I'd get it (Of course calls, text messaging and other standard phone capabilities would have to be included.)

But yeah, I'd do it for the money mainly. I know playing games a bunch would be very tiring but can't really complain about it when you're getting a fairly good pay. There are other jobs that are a ton worse, I'd be fine with it for sure.

I'd do it, I already play Xbox a lot. But with this I'm just getting paid to do it along with being able to play on PC. The only thing I'd be a bit iffy about is the whole phone deal. I've never used a Microsoft phone so I don't know what it's like but then again I'm a very simplistic person. As long as the phone has some form of internet, able to play some games and there's a few decent apps then I'd get it (Of course calls, text messaging and other standard phone capabilities would have to be included.)
Yeah, Windows Phone has everything Androids have except for some popular apps, such as Snapchat, PayPal and Pinterest.

Absolutely not!

X-Box hasn't really produced any games that I'd be interested in so what would there be to do during that 10 years? In my case, absolutely nothing. If this was for Nintendo, then there would probably be a different answer but not for the X-Box One.

Do I have to use Bing as a search engine? Because that's a deal breaker right there :grin:

But seriously, I don't think they're that strict with brands. I saw a Microsoft conference and they all had macs. Not a single laptop without that Apple logo on it. What does that tell you about their property? Is it worth less than a mac since Microsoft's own employees don't even use them?

Personally, I don't mind solely using Microsoft devices. However, nothing about a 10-year contract in any way shape or form sounds attractive to me. So immediately, no, I would proudly decline.

Also, from your given hypothetical scenario, the 8 hours/day work shifts don't seem flexible at all. This appears more like a slave job than a passion I'm turning into a career.

No, at all. I dislike the idea of having to play only on Xbox, it's not my favorite console, besides I hate the fact that is a very long contract. The whole conditions are not for me, I will feel very limited and that's something that I hate the most.

As long as I can use Steam and other game launchers, I think I could take the offer. On a second thought, Windows Phones are atrocious...
That's my thoughts, would I still be able to use steam and uplay? Even so I don't think that it is all that much of a good deal to me.

No, at all. I dislike the idea of having to play only on Xbox, it's not my favorite console, besides I hate the fact that is a very long contract. The whole conditions are not for me, I will feel very limited and that's something that I hate the most.
Oh true. I didn't think about that. I hate the word 'contract.' I can imagine that this kind would be rigorous too. There are a lot of things I would do for money. This one makes me stop and think. You also have to make sure you love the XBOX so much that you could live with it as your primary console. If you don't believe that you can, I don't think you should accept the offer. The game has to be extraordinary or the pay really high.

Absolutely not! Video games are a fun little side hobby to do every once in a while like movies or books, but I think I would lose my mind if I had to test them eight hours a day.

And yeah, the "not allowed to own other consoles" thing would break it for me as well. . .

Nah, probably not. I like my iPhone too much, web development requires you to use Linux, and I like games on multiple consoles.

I'd take that job offer for sure. It doesn't seem a bad deal at all.

What's really bad about doing a job you love with good money and having to use their products?

I accept, its 10 years and I am set. Also I do play on Xbox only and I like Windows Phone but its no more so that is not a concern.

No way! There should be no reason to have to give up all my systems to get a job no matter the amount I could get, especially when I have paid over $1000 on other systems, games, accessories, etc.

I'll pass.

Back