Would you buy a computer without a logo or brand name on it?

you'd be more secure to get a brand that no one knows about and wouldn't know how to make malware for.

Claraviolet maybe using secure to describe feeling secure/safe from scammers who sell unbranded computer with fake or slower computer parts which slower and low quality than the computer parts which are advertised on their ad where the computer description say it has faster and higher quality parts.

Some scammers may sell you an unbranded computer which comes with an Intel Celeron or AMD A4 CPU instead of a Intel Core i7 which is posted on their ad on their website, and the PC was built with slower cheap generic DDR3 RAM instead of DDR4, the hard drives are used, cheap battery and it has a low quality motherboard.

I think one of the advantages of branded computers is that you usually get the correct computer parts which are posted on the computer description and ad, and less likely to get slower and used computer parts than the computer parts in the ads and description for the PC.

You usually pay more money for a branded computer like HP and Dell, but you usually likely get the computer parts which are posted in their ad and PC instruction manual.

Buying a branded computer can make you a victim of a warranty scam where a company does not honor their warranty if your PC broke before the warranty expire. Companies like HP and Dell will honor their warranty while some computer builders may just build your PC, but don't exchange your PC if something breaks, or you can't find the computer builder after a few months of selling you the computer.

Last edited:
you'd be more secure to get a brand that no one knows about and wouldn't know how to make malware for.
Lol..I do agree with that but still.. Branded stuff got reliability, durability and such.
You wouldn't see them in nameless things most of the time

Lol..I do agree with that but still.. Branded stuff got reliability, durability and such.
You wouldn't see them in nameless things most of the time

That is true most branded stuff is usually more likely to be reliable for, and is less likely to suddenly fall apart after a few days of use compared to random nameless things which maybe sold by a scammer who sells low quality products to scam buyers of their money.

Branded stuff is sometimes more expensive and slower, but you usually get the features which are advertised on the product description for the product you are buying, and the branded company is more likely to honor the warranty if something breaks. But, it may take awhile for some companies to exchange and fix defective products.

I always would build a PC myself rather than buying a prebuilt one. It's cheaper and the computer will be more powerful. Also, the warranty will not be cut.

I agree building a PC does offer the best price, and you can pick PC parts with a longer warranty, and good reviews.

Some less tech savvy users buy cheap electronics from smaller brands like RCA and Hisense because the electronics are very cheap at a store like a department store, so I think some less tech savvy users may buy a computer without a brand if it was very cheap, and has a good warranty.

Back