Would you date online?

Its hard to hack an account for the average person, except if you are stupid enough to use your name as password.

If some perv bugs you online you can just block them. In real life they can easily hurt you if you piss them off.

Its hard to hack an account for the average person, except if you are stupid enough to use your name as password.

If some perv bugs you online you can just block them. In real life they can easily hurt you if you piss them off.

It's either that or they were socially engineered for their details.. I would imagine that it would be relatively easy to do with a face to face conversation or even online in this kind of dating scenario. You'd be surprised at the information you can get from a simple conversation..

There is also the fact that cracking tools like brute force, can be adapted so that they become more effective at guessing someone's password. Eventually caps, numbers and symbols will be as easy to guess as lowercase letters. That is, if they aren't already.

I know someone that can hack into someone's Facebook fairly easily. Luckily he's my friend, so he won't do it to me...

I tried it once, and it failed, since that take i hated online rooms.

It's either that or they were socially engineered for their details.. I would imagine that it would be relatively easy to do with a face to face conversation or even online in this kind of dating scenario. You'd be surprised at the information you can get from a simple conversation..

There is also the fact that cracking tools like brute force, can be adapted so that they become more effective at guessing someone's password. Eventually caps, numbers and symbols will be as easy to guess as lowercase letters. That is, if they aren't already.

It should be basic knowledge for people on the Internet to not use their personal details as password.
I knew that from the first time I got a chat account. My first password was Fortis101. There is no way people would be able to guess that from my name, what movie or song I liked or where I live.
But some people are just stupid when it comes to that. I've never come across the basic 1234 password but I wouldn't be surprised to find out there are people that use this even nowadays. There are also those that use their username as their password.

And yes, there are cracking tools out there. But you still need to be skilled to use them. The average Internet user would give up within 30mins because they can't figure out how to use them.

It should be basic knowledge for people on the Internet to not use their personal details as password.
I knew that from the first time I got a chat account. My first password was Fortis101. There is no way people would be able to guess that from my name, what movie or song I liked or where I live.
But some people are just stupid when it comes to that. I've never come across the basic 1234 password but I wouldn't be surprised to find out there are people that use this even nowadays. There are also those that use their username as their password.

And yes, there are cracking tools out there. But you still need to be skilled to use them. The average Internet user would give up within 30mins because they can't figure out how to use them.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to manipulate someone into giving up information.. even the most careful people are susceptible to this. So it's not really a matter of having easy passwords per se. It's not necessarily something that would have to occur in the short term either, but rather, over a long period of time as well.

And with some of these tools, yes you would need some skill to use them, but for others, that isn't necessarily the case either. In many cases, if you can read and follow a recipe, then you can use some of these tools.

This is of course, not adding personal motivation into the mix.. in that case, some would be determined enough to learn.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to manipulate someone into giving up information.. even the most careful people are susceptible to this. So it's not really a matter of having easy passwords per se. It's not necessarily something that would have to occur in the short term either, but rather, over a long period of time as well.

And with some of these tools, yes you would need some skill to use them, but for others, that isn't necessarily the case either. In many cases, if you can read and follow a recipe, then you can use some of these tools.

This is of course, not adding personal motivation into the mix.. in that case, some would be determined enough to learn.

I agree. I think I once read of a story about this guy who game his online "lover" the password to his chat account.
And while that would normally have been fine, he also happened to use the same password for his online credit card account. And since the girl already had his email, she had everything she needed to access it.

As for these tools I've tried a few, and I can assure you that it takes more than good reading aptitudes and motivation to be able to use them properly. The best someone without the knowledge required can do is hack a website that doesn't encrypt its data, and those are pretty rare.

I am dating somebody this way. I met my girlfriend on last.fm six years ago, talked a bit, then we followed each other on Tumblr and stopped talking. Then in 2015, we started to talk again, and at the beginning of 2016, we began our relationship. We are still together and growing stronger every day. She's from Europe, and I'm from South America, our plans is me moving to her homeland in less than two years so we can have a life together. Meanwhile, we talk every day, on the phone, texting and video chat, we send each other presents on our special dates, and so far it has been an incredible experience. I can say that I am happy.

To be honest, I would never date anyone online at all. Just not worth the risk really.

I think all types of dating can be risky. Online dating can be safer in some ways since you can video chat with them for a few months, or years before meeting in person if you feel you trust them enough to meet in person.

But, if you meet someone at school, library, or a park, they may secretly be bad people who plan to hurt or scam people they date on their first date.

Absolutely not. I would never even use a dating website to find someone close by, let alone date someone really far away. It's easier to be cheated on in long distance relationships.

Back