Would you lend money to an online friend?

lb

愛してるザラ
Full GL Member
Credits
So, we all know that we can make friends online on forums, social networks etc. ... Online friends can be people who might or might not be trustworthy, people that might decide to cut all contact with you all of a sudden... But there are also online friendships that have lasted for years...

My question is: would you ever lend money (through PayPal or Skrill etc.) to an online friend if they said they needed some financial help?

I would only ever lend money if I could afford to never see it again. Which, by and large, for me means that I never lend money to anyone. It's not that I don't want to... it's just that I can't because I need every dollar I earn.

Though if I knew them well enough, yeah I probably would loan them some money.

I would lend a few dollars to an online friend if I know them well.

I have and is one of our well known members.

I would only ever lend money if I could afford to never see it again. Which, by and large, for me means that I never lend money to anyone. It's not that I don't want to... it's just that I can't because I need every dollar I earn.

Though if I knew them well enough, yeah I probably would loan them some money.

I'm on the same page as VirusZero. I would only loan out the money if I had money to spare but I usually don't have the money to spare. It's not that I'm a cold-hearted individual, it's just that I can't really afford to be giving out an money when I can barely afford to pay my own bills.

Only if I knew them really well, and was 100% certain they'd pay the money back at some point.

Depends how well I know them and how much. Anything more than a couple of dollars and it would be a no

Depending on the person. However I never have enough cash on card norr enough for a week since I don't work. However I received money from my good mate that earns 7k a month. He's a police officer

It is not advisable to lend money to somebody online (regardless of any kind of situation) but it all depends on you. It is a big risk of trusting somebody through online but I am no better, I can only go as far as giving a gift card to somebody though. However, I am not willing to lend a huge amount of money to somebody when I myself have responsibilities on my own - financially.

I have in the past and that person totally paid me back. We are still good friends today and he is a good online gaming buddy.

I have in the past and that person totally paid me back. We are still good friends today and he is a good online gaming buddy.
Did you know him for a long time? I'm sure there are several honest people out there, it's just bit more difficult to decide whether to trust them or not nowadays

I'm sure there are several honest people out there, it's just bit more difficult to decide whether to trust them or not nowadays

I'm sure there are still honest people out there, but I feel the news sometimes make people paranoid where they don't know who to trust.

Mainstream news, and smaller news websites can make society look less trustworthy because they post about the worse stories of people getting scammed by family, friends, fake charities who pretend to help poor people or endangered animals, and workers like home repair workers who take your money without fixing your home's roof or other part.

Sadly, there is always a risk that someone or a company can scam you every time you lend, donate, or spend money on a product or service.

No! I don't even like to give me regular friends money. I try to avoid borrowing so when people ask me for money it kind of annoying. I can bug my friends that I see every day for the money back but how do I get ahold of my online friends. They could up and disappear. Now way. This is a bad idea all together. I would strongly advise against it. It will not end well. Why lose a friend over money. I would politely decline.

I wouldn't do this but if you really trust this person then it's up to you to make the decision. They could pay you back or not see ever again this money; I think this situation is a 50/50 so it's really hard to predict how it could end for you. Just do whatever you consider is right.

I think the likelihood of lending money also depends on what people will use the money for. I think more people maybe willing to lend a few dollars to a friend to buy a little food, so the borrower have food to eat for lunch, but some people are less likely to lend money to someone who wants to buy electronics with your money.

Sometimes the bank may lock you out of your own bank account because of a computer problem which affects all bank accounts for the bank, so borrowing a few dollars maybe an only option of getting money for buying food if you don't have a credit card, or enough good credit for borrowing money from a pay-day-loan company or other company which lends money.

Depends how long I've known them. If over 4 years, then yes. If no, then I'll tell them to earn the money in their own area and stop complaining. I know it sounds cold-hearted, but you'll never know which ones might ghost-out on you, leaving you high and dry while making you regret trusting someone online. It's safer that way, and I for one don't give out my name and other information that easily on the web.

Honestly, it depends on the person and the amount .

If it is more than 100$, I wouldn't be able to give just like that. Also, I can't give it to just anybody either.

So, if I trust someone and if that amount is something that I can give, then the answer is a yes.

It depends like if that guy really made some effort to get in touch with me via a pm or some other ways then I can probably lend. But I won't probably expect that he'd pay me because I won't be asking him about any of those things like I was like a lending agency. I'd just give him the right amount and that's it, whether he pays back or not, it's up to him.

It depends on the person. I will lend money if the person is really my close friend. If I just met this friend, I will not. I am just not trusting anyone regarding online transactions.

Back