You Bored?

Dantheman

Programmer
Awards
Credits
You all know about the game I'm making. However, it will be a while, so I have a little idea, which will take literally like a day or two.

Blockformer:

You are a blue block, trying to reach the green block, while avoiding the red block.

It's a platformer. Basically, you reach a goal, trying not to die. Maybe collecting coins.

Here's the catch:
I'm not making levels. You are. To share.

I will basically program the game, which contains a level editor.
The levels are saved into a folder to play. You can open and add/subtract to the folder too.

I know, it's still ambiguous, but you'll see.

Enemies:

red block - moves either left or right, reflecting off walls.
mine - explodes
launcher - fires one homing missile at a time
ideas?

Items:

coins
ideas?

Other:

You - a blue block
Goal - a green block

Why?:

Programmers need breaks to be inspired with creativity. This will legit take a day to a week to make. Have fun!

This is the break from PM, right?

You probably wouldn't know how, but I'll ask anyways. Is it possible to include a rudimentary level importer? As in .obj format?

You probably wouldn't know how, but I'll ask anyways. Is it possible to include a rudimentary level importer? As in .obj format?
no its a simple 2d platformer to give you guys somethign to do while i work on the big game.
Oh 2D. I thought you were talking about the 3D one. Guess I didn't see the word platformer in there. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
no its a simple 2d platformer to give you guys somethign to do while i work on the big game.
Oh 2D. I thought you were talking about the 3D one. Guess I didn't see the word platformer in there. My bad.
Heh, sorry
tongue.gif
But hey, I'll look into that suggestion if I ever release the engine
tongue.gif

I can make some blocks for you, so it doesn't turn ot with just a whole lot of different colored squares.

I want a top hat for an item.

...Maybe a mustache too. Yea, definitely a mustache.

I love the idea, reminds me of a few games I've play on Kongregate. I get really into them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't this supposed to take about a day or two? Maybe a week? *shifty eyes*

Still a cool sounding game nonetheless. Or has dantheman been doing things other than programming as of recent? *glares at dantheman's wife, says "Hi"*

put goombas in it too.cant have a platformer with out goombas
tongue.gif

Back