YOU NOW DON'T HAVE TO BUY A WII TO PLAY SMASH BROS.!

Gelivable

Fire Emblem Enthusiast
Awards
Credits
Apparently, Sony realized many people purchase the Wii in order to play SSBB, in fact it is the only game that most "non-Nintendofans" own. In order to fix this problem, these smartypants finally made their own SSB game!

psabr_logo_color_300dpi_small_21886.nphd.jpg

2012-04-26_21-59-11_21887.nphd.jpg

2012-04-26_21-59-54_21887.nphd.jpg

2012-04-26_22-00-38_21887.nphd.jpg

annoucescreens01_21887.nphd.jpg

My reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms3r2o_eqX4&feature=related

This game looks stupid. SSBB was 1,000,000,000 times better than this crappy looking game.

I mean, this looks fun in the same way Smash Bros is fun, but probably much easier to play online with friends. SSBB always had the worst lag I had ever seen (might just be my bad internet, but my PS3 and 3DS work great with the internet here). I watched the video Sony posted about it and think it will be a cool game, even if I agree that even the name/stat icons at the bottom look like they are from SSBB.

A little competition just means the next Smash Bros game will have to be even better to compete, and that is a healthy thing.

This game looks stupid. SSBB was 1,000,000,000 times better than this crappy looking game.
You can't really say a game was one billion times better than a game that hasn't been released.
I mean, this looks fun in the same way Smash Bros is fun, but probably much easier to play online with friends. SSBB always had the worst lag I had ever seen (might just be my bad internet, but my PS3 and 3DS work great with the internet here). I watched the video Sony posted about it and think it will be a cool game, even if I agree that even the name/stat icons at the bottom look like they are from SSBB.

A little competition just means the next Smash Bros game will have to be even better to compete, and that is a healthy thing.
Thankyou! While I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan, I can't stand it when people say a game sucks, when it hasn't been released yet. Also, I think that this game will probably be better than SSBB, because it's newer, and video games have advanced since SSBB has come out. Also this game will probably be mainly purchased for online play, one of SSBB weaknesses.

Yoshian, i don't want to continue bashing you, but that sounds like a thing a huuuuuuuuge Nintendo fanboy would say.
It's like every Sonic "fan" bashing his new games before even they come out.
Atleast put some consideration into your posts.

I like that parappa is in it. Other than that, the idea is soo obvious.I hope this doesnt make it, it will benefit the company money if they scrap it.

this game will probably be better than SSBB, because it's newer

Err, no?

That's a pretty bad argument you've got there. Better graphics? Possibly. Better in terms of tech? Possibly.

But to say a game's better period because it's newer? You might as well say every rip off known to man is better than the original game because it's newer than the original game. We know absolutely nothing about how fun this game is to play, remember that.

No... I'm serious. it's just a big empty space between the small paragraph and where it says "my reaction". Then theres another huge space after that.......

Sounds like a Flash fail to me, as it's actually a YouTube video.

I like that parappa is in it. Other than that, the idea is soo obvious.I hope this doesnt make it, it will benefit the company money if they scrap it.

THAT'S the name of that dog. I also see that Sly Fox guy in there.

I wonder if Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and a few other people will pop up? I mean, come on, PlayStation All-Stars without Crash? WOT THE?

EDIT: Okay, so after watching a video for it that was posted on the main site, which is here, I will say it actually looks darn good. The stages look pretty amazing and they were talking about having the different universes interact. Maybe they can whip up some kind of story like the SSE and possibly make it better or something? Who knows.

But hey, bear in mind that there are games by Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon/Whatever that take a SSB approach. At least with this one it will actually be a good rival and stuff. But holy crap the thought of Crash spinning around makes me giddy. Even if I'll probably never be able to play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This actually looks kinda fun,I may pick it up...

But then again, it does look like kinda a copy of Brawl. But most companies are jumping on the "4 player free-for all" thing anyway.

This actually looks kinda fun,I may pick it up...

But then again, it does look like kinda a copy of Brawl. But most companies are jumping on the "4 player free-for all" thing anyway.

At least it's not just a Brawl texture hack or something, and a totally new game that I'm expecting will have some elements of SSBB (come on, it's impossible not to have some similarities) but will hopefully also have some new elements added to it.

Kinda annoying how everyone says this a copy of SSB, when the only similarities is that both are fighting games and both have a huge selection of character..

Yoshian, please accept that Nintendo is not the greatest video game company ever. And that the 3DS is not billions times better than other consoles.
And also accept that this is an opinion, of myself, and other people. Also accept that people have opinions. And also accept that your opinions don't count as facts.

Kinda annoying how everyone says this a copy of SSB, when the only similarities is that both are fighting games and both have a huge selection of character..

Not all fighting games look the same. This is an obvious response to the Smash Bros games. I can't think of any other fighting game this resembles.

Not all fighting games look the same. This is an obvious response to the Smash Bros games. I can't think of any other fighting game this resembles.

A very key note to point out is that while stylistically the game looks similar, one of the defining characteristics of SB is NOT an element of this game. It appears as though the characters have health bars and none of the footage I have seen leads me to believe you win by throwing/knocking people off the stage. So it could be a more traditional fighter. Also, I don't think I have seen any items, another of SB's defining innovations to the fighting game genre.

This game has several things to define it and set it apart from SSBB. It will be interesting to see what else they announce about it at E3!

Back