Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Oh damn, all the original people? Should be good, though I did like its reboot series they did in the 2000s.
Well minus Cyclops original VA Norm Spencer because he is dead.

Last edited:
Saw an upscaled version of the original opening, :

and the original japanese version intro:

I remember watching the 90s X-Men Animated series all the time as a kid. I'm glad to see that it is now available on Disney+.

Read this from CBR:

X-Men '97 head writer Beau DeMayo recently revealed that the upcoming Disney+ animated series might be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe -- but it also might not be.

"The one thing I can say towards [X-Men '97 and the MCU] is, I know sometimes we say, 'no comment,' and it's like, 'They’re just being obstinate.' I’m gonna go with 'no comment' here because part of the surprise will be finding that out when you experience the show," he said. When pressed on whether the show's place within Marvel Studios' wider continuity will be an active mystery in X-Men '97 Season 1, DeMayo confirmed that fans "will be asking that question."

Well is it or is it not apart of it? Lol.
The question Indeed. I think he said it like that on purpose to make people watch the show lol watch bait.

First pics:
xmen-tas-97-header-1.jpg

20220722_124031.jpg

20220722_123910.jpg

Read from CBR On the theme song rights:

The classic animated series' theme song will make a triumphant return for X-Men '97 -- but it wasn't easy for Marvel to obtain the rights to it.

During an appearance at the Steel City Con in Pennsylvania, X-Men '97 consultant Eric Lewald revealed Disney and Marvel Studios paid a "heavy price" for the rights and had to jump through a number of hurdles.

"[The X-Men: The Animated Series theme song] wasn't a done deal necessarily when they were producing the new show," Lewald said. "The rights were all over the place. I think a secondary person had the rights to the music, so it was a negotiation for them. Obviously, you can't do the new show without that song... But the guy selling it knew the same thing, so I'm sure it was a heavy price."

Despite these legal hurdles, X-Men '97 -- which features a score composed by the Newton Brothers --will contain a version of the classic melody that opened all five seasons of X-Men: The Animated Series. The show debuted in 1992 and featured an action-packed introduction that featured Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Storm, Beast, Gambit, Jubilee, Jean Grey and Professor X. The accompanying song has since become renowned as one of the most memorable cartoon themes of the '90s, and brief interpolations of it can be heard in recent Marvel Cinematic Universe media.

Read from CBR On the theme song rights:

The classic animated series' theme song will make a triumphant return for X-Men '97 -- but it wasn't easy for Marvel to obtain the rights to it.

During an appearance at the Steel City Con in Pennsylvania, X-Men '97 consultant Eric Lewald revealed Disney and Marvel Studios paid a "heavy price" for the rights and had to jump through a number of hurdles.

"[The X-Men: The Animated Series theme song] wasn't a done deal necessarily when they were producing the new show," Lewald said. "The rights were all over the place. I think a secondary person had the rights to the music, so it was a negotiation for them. Obviously, you can't do the new show without that song... But the guy selling it knew the same thing, so I'm sure it was a heavy price."

Despite these legal hurdles, X-Men '97 -- which features a score composed by the Newton Brothers --will contain a version of the classic melody that opened all five seasons of X-Men: The Animated Series. The show debuted in 1992 and featured an action-packed introduction that featured Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Storm, Beast, Gambit, Jubilee, Jean Grey and Professor X. The accompanying song has since become renowned as one of the most memorable cartoon themes of the '90s, and brief interpolations of it can be heard in recent Marvel Cinematic Universe media.

Glad they made the effort to get it.

Back