Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

The internet was a buzz this week when photos popped up of the patent NX controller, a football shaped controller with a screen on it with two analog sticks on it which when pressed down on would bring up some select able options around the sticks.

But of course they were fake, trolling at its finest as shown in the video above. Though it does raise questions as to why Nintendo didn't shot down the fakes the moment it surfaced and given Nintendo's legal past it's unknown if legal action might be taken against the fake controller maker. Or just maybe Nintendo secretly had this guy make it to gauge interest in the controller?

Last edited:
I'm confused. Why would Nintendo take legal action over a fake leak? I'm unsure what country the leak was made in. I know that in the US it'd be protected speech. I'm unsure about other locations (check local laws I guess). And I'm unsure why people make the fake leaks, I don't understand what they gain off it.

I'm confused. Why would Nintendo take legal action over a fake leak? I'm unsure what country the leak was made in. I know that in the US it'd be protected speech. I'm unsure about other locations (check local laws I guess). And I'm unsure why people make the fake leaks, I don't understand what they gain off it.

Patent related. The guy did make a controller based off a patent Nintendo submitted meaning no one can really use that without their permission or something along those lines.

I thought patents could only be used when you are selling something. Simply making a product that's similar to a patent and taking a photo shouldn't hold up in a court. That's kinda concerning that a patent could be used to shut-down speech on-line.

I thought patents could only be used when you are selling something. Simply making a product that's similar to a patent and taking a photo shouldn't hold up in a court. That's kinda concerning that a patent could be used to shut-down speech on-line.

Well I'm not exactly positive if it works like that, but I know for sure Nintendo likes to whip out their lawyers on anything that they own or created as they have shut down many fan created projects that were not money based.

Well as far as I know you can only sue for proven financial damages. I.e if I crash your car I must pay for all repairs. Of course insurance deals with situations like that.

Back