Anime

Dark Young Link

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Let's talk about anime. Even manga's if you wish. They're all basically one in the the same.

Well here's my anime. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/DarkYoungLink

Right now I'm watching Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm watching it while making this topic. It's pretty good.

My top 5 favorite anime in no order because it's hard is

1. Darker Than Black
2. Elfen Lied
3. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
4. Lucky Star
5. Spice and Wolf

Now for my manga, it's not much different really.

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/DarkYoungLink

Though most of it is not very appropriate. Like Cellphone Girl Heaven and Kiss X Sis.

So discuss.

I need to try some of those out, man! But it's all about the Naruto, man! You must have heard of it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard of it. I just refuse to watch it. I have 2 I refuse to watch and that's Naruto and Blech. I'm not sure why, but I don't like either of them.

I've heard of it. I just refuse to watch it. I have 2 I refuse to watch and that's Naruto and Blech. I'm not sure why, but I don't like either of them.
Aha, you know it, man! You either hate it or you love it, I don't really like Bleach that much, although I did like it at one point.

Yeah. Another reason is that people tried way to hard to push them on me. Like I have 2 friends. One like Naruto and one likes Blech. Everyday one would say, "Watch Naruto. It's amazing. Watch it," and the other said, "Watch Blech it's amazing. Watch it." Then they'd always be like, "Have you watched it yet?" Then eventually I came to the point where I watched a couple of each and neither one of them clicked.

Aha I don't like watching Bleach or Naruto either. I'm not saying it sucks but well... Since a lot of Shonen Jump's anime and manga are really popular, I decided that I should watch something different from everyone else.

Usually I watch Animes with my youngest sister. We both have a Brother and Sister bond time when watching anime and were both anime fans. But this list only refers to me.

Animes I've watched and finished:
----------------------------------
Hoshi no Kaabii (Kirby anime series. HECK YEAH!!)
Durarara!!
Fire Emblem OVA
Black Rock Shooter OVA
Angel Beats
Shingetsutan Tsukihime (Manga is SOOOO much better.)
D.Gray Man
Fruits Basket
Vampire Knight
Fortune Arterial
Wolverine anime
Iron Man anime
Chrome Shelled Regios
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex & 2nd Gig
FLCL (Frooly Crooly)
Darker than Black
Fate Stay Night
Ouran High School Host Club
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Zero no Tsukaima
Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners (a Movie Series)
Clannad

Animes currently watching:
Pandora Hearts
Shikabane Hime (Corpse Princess)
Witch Blade
Full Metal Panic
Blood+
Hidan no Aria
Canaan

Animes Starting on:
Onegai Teacher
Elfen Lied

Animes might be watching:
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

Can't really remember much. But a lot of Animes I've been watching always has something to do with:
1. A Male and Female fighting along side and confessing their love for each other in the end.
2. Animes that have a few boys hanging around uh... about 5-7 girls or maybe more? A lot of girls tend to fall for one or both of them. Well sometimes I think directors tend to be more creative for their girls more than the boys.
tongue.gif

3. A boy main character always having to be weak while the girl kicks the crap out of people. Why...?
sad.gif

Manga finished reading:
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Melty Blood

Manga currently reading:
Metroid
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

Q.
Why not just play the game Cha?
A.
Because I'm bored....

Is Hoshi no Kaabii the Japanese name for Kirby Right Back At Ya?

Also I'm watching Durarara too, but I'm watching the episodes on Cartoon Network as they're being aired dubbed. I'm waiting to run out of dubbed anime before going to subbed.

Also the reason that I don't watch much anime is because I usually watch anime with my best friend. The only anime I've watched by myself was Dragon Ball, both Onegai series and OVA's, and the Pokemon movies. Right now I'm only watching FMA by myself.

You said that Shingetsutan Tsukihime's manga is better. Well I heard that the Elfen Lied manga is better. The anime is great, but the manga expands past the series.

Yeah I heard the manga for Elfen Lied is much better than the anime. As for Tsukihime, the manga shows a little more of the storyline (like every rest of mangas) and follows a certain route to the character. It ends just a little farther after the Anime. Plus it's based off the game which I never played. And I really don't read mangas as much.
tongue.gif

Edit:

And Hoshi no Kaabii is the Japanese version of Kirby Right back at Ya.

Yeah. I like reading manga it's just that I find it hard to do at my house. Like if I'm away and I have no video games what so ever like at school I'll read it.

That's kind of what I figured.

Hmm...

Watched:
Lucky Star
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Toradora
Chobits
Cowboy Bebop (I didn't even know what Anime was back then.)
A-Channel
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
Card Captor Sakura
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Soul Eater
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
To Aru Mujutsu no Index (I & II)
K-ON!

Watching:
Katanagatari
Beck
K-ON! (Bandai Dub)
Fairy Tail (Ongoing)
Azumanga Daioh

Refuse to watch:
Bleach
Naruto
One Peice
Dragon Ball
Yugioh

Plan to watch:
None at the moment.

Favorite:
K-ON!

I'm currently watching Ranma.
Sounds interesting. What's it about?

Wow I didn't actually know that Cowboy Bebop was an anime. I've seen it on, but I never actually seen was it was.

I saw that K-ON is being dubbed. This makes me happy because my friend and I were planning on watching it before Spice and Wolf, but we only saw it was subbed. We're too lazy to read. Well at least I am.

Ranma is about a boy and his dad(Both of them are martial artest)who both fell in this special water in China and now every time Ranma and his dad gets splash with cold water, Ranma will turn into a girl and his dad will turn into a panda. They can change back with hot water. They both want to get rid of it by going back to China but they don't have the money. Ranma has a fiance that he's suppose to marry and take over the dojo but they both don't get along a lot.

That's just creepy. Though why should I say anything if I was a I'd a les- Eh never mind.

Actually it reminds me of Maria x Holic I think it's called. I haven't watched it yet, but one of my friends said it was about a guy that dresses like a girl. I can't remember the real reason why though.

I play video games more than I watch anime, so it takes a long time for me to finish an anime.

^ Same goes for me. I'm more into anime designed games like Fire Emblem. Super Smash Bros. series counts as well.

I'd love to play video games more than anime, but at the moment the only game I can play is Mass Effect and I'm at a boss that I'm pretty sure is impossible. So I'm watching anime.

I also play video games (again, often anime-style ones) a lot more than I watch anime. I'd like to watch it more, but I don't have the time.
Anyway, I've watched the following feature-length anime (the first 9 are all Studio Ghibli):
-My Neighbour Totoro
-Princess Mononoke
-The Cat Returns
-Whisper of the Heart
-Laputa: Castle in the Sky
-Castle of Cagliostro
-Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
-Kiki's Delivery Service
-Porco Rosso
-Metropolis
-The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

The following anime series:
-Death Note (watched all)
-[C]: The Money of Soul and Possibility (watched all)
-Steins;Gate (watching)
-Deadman Wonderland (watching)

And I mean to get round to watching the following:
-Code Geass
-Eden of the East (already own)
-Baccano! (already own)
-

Back