Anonymous plans to destroy Facebook?

They're not gonna win this. Even if they are right about Facebook, what does it matter to us? It shouldn't unless we're criminals. They don't got any proof anyway.

They'll use LOIC like script kiddies.

Again. Then claim they're "1337 HAXXORS!!!1!!!11111!"

Pathetic, really.

Anonymous isn't taking down Facebook. Some members of anonymous are without Anyonomous' permission. What they're doing is irrelevant to anonymous.
As for taking it down, none of these issues I've heard from any of you affect you in any way that harms you. Rooting to take it down is basically saying, yeah fuck those guys, I want it taken down! Instead of considering people use it to communicate and use it well. Your stereotypes about facebook members are off by a long shot. It's just social networking. Friends and family use it to communicate and share. Taking it down would only result in taking down a stepping stone of communication, and communication over the internet is what Anonymous promotes.

It's no different than these forums. We use them to communicate and talk and share, are we stuck up? Do we promote hatred? What's the difference? No. Should these forums be taken down?

I will rofl immensely if the ol' Facebook sinks for a bit, heh. But to be honest, you'd be silly not to realise that Facebook's been doing this. Heck, lotsa sites have been. Perhaps not all similar, but everybody tracks some kind of information about you, mostly for advertising. Not sure why Facebook would be selling information to the government, but whatever, I'll just be looking at what happens.

I have a Facebook of course, but I wouldn't call that a stepping stone of communication. I'd call it "The MySpace that got popular". I mean, it's just a website with a crappy, overused LightBox system for viewing photos, olol. That said, it's decent for communication, but if Facebook went down, there's still a hundred other sites (and services) I'd use for ye olde chatting.

Anyhoos, can't wait for November!

Instead of considering people use it to communicate and use it well. Your stereotypes about facebook members are off by a long shot. It's just social networking. Friends and family use it to communicate and share.
Here's the thing about that statement. People use Facebook to talk to friends and family right? Well why don't they be normal and call them like normal people instead of being lazy about it.

Instead of considering people use it to communicate and use it well. Your stereotypes about facebook members are off by a long shot. It's just social networking. Friends and family use it to communicate and share.
Here's the thing about that statement. People use Facebook to talk to friends and family right? Well why don't they be normal and call them like normal people instead of being lazy about it.
I would say the only exception to that is friends and family who are REALLY far away, heh. Oh wait, you said call... hmm, good point too. I guess the Internet is just a bit more convenient, though you're right, the personal touch is kinda lost.

I would say the only exception to that is friends and family who are REALLY far away, heh. Oh wait, you said call... hmm, good point too. I guess the Internet is just a bit more convenient, though you're right, the personal touch is kinda lost.
Well, there are people with friends over seas, example: Me! And I use facebook for keeping contact with them. I do not call them because for one, I don't know there their phone number and secondly, calling overseas costs quite a bit. Its not being lazy, its saving money. Yes, its not as personal, but its all I can do. As for my other friends who live in the country, I almost never use facebook to talk to them. I use the phone.

In other words, let's be script kiddies again and DDoS it.

Whatever.
If I'm not mistaken, you actually know members of Anonymous, don't you?

They're a lot smarter than people seem to think. It's why they're so cocky; they're underestimated. A lot.

These days, "normal people" use Facebook. xD Most of my family lives in the Vancouver area, Oregan, or Texas. All of those have heavy long-distance fees if I want to call them. I'd rather not put a hole in my wallet to talk about my cat.
smile.gif

In any case, some members of Anonymous have disowned the Facebook threat.

http://www.businessinsider.com/anonymous-operation-facebook-2011-8

Last edited by a moderator:
It's called convenience. If we want to talk about Mario, why don't we just call each other up?
Facebook is free communication that people can use on the go whenever on their phones. It's not like texting either, or calling, every one, every friend, every family member can communicate in the same place in the same conversations. It's mass communication.

Because you don't like it doesn't mean it should be gotten rid of. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Back