Are cheap tablets becoming more popular again like a few years ago?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
There are now more affordable Chrome OS tablets, and the Apple iPad now have cheaper 9.7 inch $329 models, so some users looking for a more affordable simple tablet will choose to buy a cheap Chrome OS tablet and Apple iPad 9.7 inch $329 tablet.

I think Chrome OS and the cheaper iPad models will convince more people and businesses to buy more cheap tablets again.

There are also a lot more $30 to $300 Windows 10, Android, and Linux tablets which are more popular with users who need more features, control over their tablet's settings and operating system, and want to root their devices, and install custom firmware/operating systems to their tablet's drive which is not as easy to do or possible to do on a Chrome OS or iPad tablet which is more basic when it comes to the ability to modify settings, and install some non-approved tablet apps.

I think a lot of home users, schools, and businesses maybe buying a lot of cheap tablets to replace their older tablets with 1GB or less RAM and a slower dual core CPU, older slow computers like desktops, laptops, ATMs, and electronics like eReaders, barcode scanners and cash registers.

A lot of operating systems like Windows XP, Vista, Google Android 5.1 and below, etc are now discontinued by the maker, so many of their users may buy a cheap tablet because it is the cheapest computer device for them to buy at a store.

Seems like when you go cheap though you get something less than useful.

Seems like when you go cheap though you get something less than useful.

I agree cheap tablets are less useful for professionals like tech support workers,and gamers.

But, cheap tablets can be okay for reading manga/comics, watching video, and playing a few games which have low system requirements.

Cheap tablets are famous here in the Philippines. It is usually bought for kids for their gaming and movie watching. Tablets are pretty cool because of the size and the price.

Cheap tablets are famous here in the Philippines. It is usually bought for kids for their gaming and movie watching. Tablets are pretty cool because of the size and the price.

I agree, kids seem to have a lot of cheap tablets. Many kids apps and games use big graphics and buttons which look nicer on a big screen than a smaller smartphone screen. A lot of kids shows and movies look better on a bigger screen. Some kids tablets also have cases with a hard protective case which protect it better from drops to the floor.

When comes in buying gadgets like tablets and smartphones I usually go look at the specs first. I choose gadgets that suits my online activities. Specially I do play games also. Lots of cheap tablets has lower specs and higher specs tablets are more expensive.

If I am going to get a tablet, I would rather get a decent one rather than some cheap one that is next to useless.

It could be useful to have a few cheap tablets around but for working would need a decent model.

I can not really differentiate tablets and mobile phones, not a fan of large wide mobile devices. If I will be buying a cheap tablet, why not? If it will be only for school works and office stuff, cheap tablets might work. But if it will be use more than that, then I think that will be just a waste of money.

If anybody has some recommendations about cheap tablets would love to hear them.
Specs, price and where to buy would be good.

Even though they become more popular in the future, you should expect that it has a quality and high specifications. If you buy cheap expect that the internal will be cheap too. So sometimes you must be a practical person. Buy a tablet that has a good quality and good specification, don't worry about the price because it will be surely all worth it and you can also use it for a long time.

But hey, you can play decent games. Game developers today are targeting audiences who's always using tablets and people who's always busy and on the go.

I used to buy cheap tablets and give it to my old relatives and parents. They need this to become aware about the technologies and to know how to use this simple tablets. They don't need the updated one because all they need is to check their social media accounts and play candy crush. I already bought 8 tablets and each of them just worth of $50 to $60 only.

I used to buy cheap tablets and give it to my old relatives and parents. They need this to become aware about the technologies and to know how to use this simple tablets. They don't need the updated one because all they need is to check their social media accounts and play candy crush. I already bought 8 tablets and each of them just worth of $50 to $60 only.
I know right, non tech savvy people have no actually problems with cheap gadgets. As far as they can access their social media. They are good.

I know right, non tech savvy people have no actually problems with cheap gadgets. As far as they can access their social media. They are good.
Yeah, that's right. All they need is something to use for their free time. At that age, gadgets I think is very important for them just to have fun and talk to some relatives using that. They don't know exactly the use of updated or upgraded devices so, it's doesn't matter if its just cheap and old gadgets.

A lot of older users also read a lot of text, view photos, and online videos where a cheaper tablet would be fine for their needs.

Younger kids are also usually fine with cheaper $50 tablets since most kids apps and games have 2D graphics, and a lot of 3D games like Grand Theft Auto 3 for Android are not suitable for young kids. Some kids tablets also come with a lot of pre-installed games without ads in the apps which make kids tablets a good deal.

A lot of older users also read a lot of text, view photos, and online videos where a cheaper tablet would be fine for their needs.

Younger kids are also usually fine with cheaper $50 tablets since most kids apps and games have 2D graphics, and a lot of 3D games like Grand Theft Auto 3 for Android are not suitable for young kids. Some kids tablets also come with a lot of pre-installed games without ads in the apps which make kids tablets a good deal.
Yeah, but once they're tired of playing that games, they will surely find another games and will definitely upgrade their gadgets if they can't install the games because of the memory problem. Kids right now are very aggressive and can easily handle the gadgets very well like me 6 years old nephew.

Yeah, but once they're tired of playing that games, they will surely find another games and will definitely upgrade their gadgets if they can't install the games because of the memory problem. Kids right now are very aggressive and can easily handle the gadgets very well like me 6 years old nephew.

There are some cheap tablets like the $50 Amazon Kindle 7 and cheaper Chinese made Windows 10 tablet which supports Apps to SD which let you install Apps and games to a MicroSD memory card which you installed on a tablet's SD card slot.

I was referring to very young kids who are 1 to 4 year old, or may not be as interested in first person shooter, RPG, and most racing games which main audience are usually older kids to adult age people.

But, I feel once kids know how to read or are in elementary school, they would find better games like Fortnite which is even popular with young kids like how Minecraft was very popular many years ago.

There are some cheap tablets like the $50 Amazon Kindle 7 and cheaper Chinese made Windows 10 tablet which supports Apps to SD which let you install Apps and games to a MicroSD memory card which you installed on a tablet's SD card slot.

I was referring to very young kids who are 1 to 4 year old, or may not be as interested in first person shooter, RPG, and most racing games which main audience are usually older kids to adult age people.

But, I feel once kids know how to read or are in elementary school, they would find better games like Fortnite which is even popular with young kids like how Minecraft was very popular many years ago.
I remember this minecraft, my nephew is really addicted to this game, it's really hard to talk to him if he started to play this game. That's why when I saw the minecraft toy or the Lego minecraft the mountain cave online, I immediately bought this, and good thing is, he's stop playing his gadget and started to play the actual lego.

I wonder, what if he's start to play the GTA? LOL.

When it comes to buying gadgets I really look first to the specs before the price. However, I pay attention with the budget. Samsung Galaxy Tab is not so expensive but the specs are way good. So prefer buying this kind of tablet. Nowadays, my friends prefer to buy expensive tablets with a lower specs. So sad for them.

Back