PS5 Console Rumors

A friend showed this to me earlier. I dunno, too gaudy to be an official model right?

https://i.imgur.com/Ru9VrCY.jpg

I agree with froggyboy, it's a little too soon for the PS5. PS4 is doing immensely well. I really think the 360 dominated the PS3 back in the day, so the PS4 is finally having it's turn (and I just want to note that I love both console brands, I own a 360 and PS3).

I just wish at one point they'll have PS2 or PS3 backwards compatibility on PS4. They're so bent on making money out of it with digital releases. I know it's too far of from the topic title, but if they're really sure about having a PS5, they could at least work on one of the PS4's flaw which is preventing it from perfection.

A friend showed this to me earlier. I dunno, too gaudy to be an official model right?
Ru9VrCY.jpg

Too gaudy indeed, but really cool it is if it's like that, one can dream lol

The controller looks like it'll be impossible to hold, which is in contract to premu every controller Sony has made so far.
And seeing how the console unit would be a ball with a standard, that's not Sony's style at all.
Sony has always gone for a more traditional style just like Microsoft, only Nintendo (and Sega at the very end of their console hardware career) is really a company that is constantly experimenting with console form factors, and still get away with it really well.

https://i.imgur.com/Ru9VrCY.jpg

I agree with froggyboy, it's a little too soon for the PS5. PS4 is doing immensely well. I really think the 360 dominated the PS3 back in the day, so the PS4 is finally having it's turn (and I just want to note that I love both console brands, I own a 360 and PS3).

I just wish at one point they'll have PS2 or PS3 backwards compatibility on PS4. They're so bent on making money out of it with digital releases. I know it's too far of from the topic title, but if they're really sure about having a PS5, they could at least work on one of the PS4's flaw which is preventing it from perfection.

I extremely doubt that be it, though it could be a leaked possible prototype.

There isn't going to be a new console for at least 2 and even then it'll be an announcement not a release.

So we're on the last 3-5 years of our console... Actually instead of feeling any loss, I actually feel happy. I was late into the PS4 party, but it was a good run. Destiny 1 and 2 (even though they suck), The Division (it was a good in-betweener for Destiny), The Witcher 3, Persona 5, and others I forgot already.

Just please, Sony. Please. Backwards compatibility for the PS5. Not for PS4, but for PS3 at least. Time to let go of your PS3 hardware if that's what you're concerned about.

So we're on the last 3-5 years of our console... Actually instead of feeling any loss, I actually feel happy. I was late into the PS4 party, but it was a good run. Destiny 1 and 2 (even though they suck), The Division (it was a good in-betweener for Destiny), The Witcher 3, Persona 5, and others I forgot already.

Just please, Sony. Please. Backwards compatibility for the PS5. Not for PS4, but for PS3 at least. Time to let go of your PS3 hardware if that's what you're concerned about.

I highly doubt Sony will ever go back to hardware version of BC.

Actually, if they'd end the PS4 before announcing PS5, then this could be the first PlayStation console that wouldn't last for a couple more years after the next generation launch.
I mean, when the PS2 came out, PS still got new games, same with the PS2 when PS3 came out, and same with PS3 when PS4 came out.
Even PSP continued to get games after PS Vita came out, though it seems like PS Vita would be the first failed PlayStation console.

I really hope the 'hybrid' console is untrue. I don't want a Switch rip off for my PS5. PlayStation needs the power and they're solid in the home console market.

I highly doubt Sony will ever go back to hardware version of BC.
I doubt with PS1 PS2, PS3. But I think PS5 will (it kind of MUST) be backwards compatible with PS4.

This is spreading on Facebook since last night. I'm not sure if it's a valid leak, but I hope all of this is true. :grin:

https://i.imgur.com/ryDtYwJ.jpg

And yeah, probably not hardware BC but I would be supremely happy even with a software BC!
Don't see Metal Gear remake happening, seems to early for Days Gone launch trailer, Splinter Cell seems possible... but would be at Ubisoft's event IMO... same as Beyond Good and Evil 2, I don't see the BC (PS2, PS3) thing happening, too early for FF7 remake launch trailer also. The rest I see as possible/likely.

Just read from dualshockers:

Osaka-based firm Ace Securities expects PS5 to come next year, but parts shortages might be an issue. Talks Sony's financial performance.

There has been a lot of discussion within the industry on when Sony will release a successor to the PS4, to the point that misreported statements made some believe that the PS5 won’t come before three years.

Analyst Hideki Yasuda from the prestigious Osaka-based firm Ace Economic Research Institute doesn’t think so, as he mentioned in his recent report on Sony’s financial performance.

Yasuda-san mentions that at the present time Ace believes that PS5 will come at the end of 2019. That being said, Murata Manufacturing and TDK have expressed concerns about the tightening of the worldwide supply and demand chain of monolithic ceramic capacitors (MLCC), and have indicated that it could be it as a future risk for business.

Cars equipped with large numbers of MLCCs are being introduced in the market, and the arrival of 5G mobile services caused the arrival of more and more advanced smartphones. This casts doubts on whether it’s possible to produce gaming consoles with a sufficient supply in the large quantities required by a new launch.

Due to that, if there are issues in the supply of electronic components, Yasuda-san thinks that the possibility of a delay from the end of 2019 exists.

Another interesting area of Yasuda-san’s analysis is on PlayStation’s performance in the past quarter. Ace believes that the strong results weren’t just due to first-party titles, but also influenced by Epic Games’ Fortnite. According to the firm, its microtransactions have reached a scale in which they can make a contribution to the revenue of console manufacturers.

Ace Economic Research Institute is revising its full-year forecast for Sony’s Game & Network Services segment to 2.18 trillion yen in revenue and 250 billion yen in profit. The revenue forecast is slightly higher than Sony’s own announced outlook.

The firm believes that the issues faced in the past by Sony’s video game business have been resolved by now. The home console market has sparked concerns in the past due to a sharp contraction caused by the expansion of the smartphone game market. Yet, the launch of the Nintendo Switch attracted the attention of many customers to the console market, causing excitement around the world.

Read from dualshockers on Sony filling up an updated controller patent with a touchscreen at the US Patent Office, wonder if this is going to be PlayStation 5's controller.

“A controller for interfacing wirelessly with a computing device is provided, including the following: a housing defined by a main body, a first extension extending from a first end of the main body, and a second extension extending from a second end of the main body, the first extension and the second extension for holding by a first hand and a second hand of a user, respectively; a touchscreen defined along the top surface of the main body between the first extension and the second extension; a first set of buttons disposed on the top surface of the main body proximate to the first extension and on a first side of the touchscreen; and a second set of buttons disposed on the top surface of the main body proximate to the second extension and on a second side of the touchscreen.”

Back