Do you think Steam for Chrome OS on Chromebooks would be popular with Chromebook users?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Steam for Chrome could be popular since a lot of people who use a Chromebook are probably interested in video games, so they may give Steam for Chrome OS a try. Steam also has a larger selection of games which can be played on Keyboard and mouse compared to Google Play where most games are smartphone and tablet games which need a touchscreen to play well.

I doubt Steam would waste the time, most chrome books are better paper weights than anything else.

I doubt Steam would waste the time, most chrome books are better paper weights than anything else.

I think it is is only Google who is working on making Steam for Linux compatible with Chromebooks according to an article I read on Google wants to bring Steam to Chromebooks

I seen some people install Ubuntu Linux on Chromebooks' SSD, and the Chromebook can run PC games like Minecraft at a playable frame rate depending on how hardware intensive the game is, and how powerful the Chromebook is.

Back