PlayStation Final Fantasy 16 News

finally new trailer:

messages from producer and director:

Message from Producer Naoki Yoshida

“Greetings everyone!

“I’m happy to announce that our newest trailer—Ambition—is now live. Rather than focusing on action as we did in our last reveal, this time we wanted to give the world a more in-depth look at Final Fantasy XVI‘s lore and its rich cast of characters—with the Dominants front and center.

“The flames of war spread as Valisthea enters an age of twilight. Where will fate lead the Dominants and what future awaits the realm at the end of this bitter conflict? There are still many more questions to be answered, many more truths to be uncovered.

“With regards to development, the team has turned the corner and entered the home stretch, and is currently concentrating its efforts on debugging, tweaking, polishing, and optimization. As for promotion, over the next few weeks, myself, main director Hiroshi Takai, creative director Kazutoyo Maehiro, and localization director Michael-Christopher Koji Fox will be taking part in interviews with multiple media outlets from across the globe to bring you even more information, so make sure you keep your eyes out for those out as well!”

Final Fantasy XVI Producer
Naoki Yoshida

Message from Director Hiroshi Takai

“Hello!

“Our third trailer is finally here and jam-packed with exciting new information that provides a better picture of how the game’s setting, lore, and characters tie in with our compelling narrative. Hopefully it was worth the wait!

“As the game edges closer to completion, the team has turned its full attention to debugging and final adjustments. Now that things are starting to come together, the game is sizing up to be something truly special.

“We know you are all hungry to see more, but for now we hope that this little peek into the world of Final Fantasy XVI is enough to keep you both satisfied and (of course) speculating until our next big reveal.”

Final Fantasy XVI Director
Hiroshi Takai

Dev update, translated by Gematsu:

“We’re planning to put out even more information before the end of the year, so I think we’ll be able to tell you [a release date] at that time,” Yoshida said. “It won’t be any later than summer, so don’t worry. (Laughs.)”

Back to Famitsu, Yoshida continued, “Since I’ve grown so accustomed to the development environment of online games over these past few years, I was a little surprised at how quickly we had to go gold. (Laughs.) If you consider the production of physical discs, shipping them worldwide… all of that takes several months of physical time after going gold. So when we say development is 95 percent complete, some might say, ‘well then release it immediately,’ but that’s the reality of the situation…”

They are planning to release a demo:

If information about the game is released too early, it won’t carry that same kind of excitement so we plan on sharing the information about three months before it releases. We also plan to have a Final Fantasy XVI demo available, but we want to do so with that momentum.”

Dev update, translated by Gematsu:

“We’re planning to put out even more information before the end of the year, so I think we’ll be able to tell you [a release date] at that time,” Yoshida said. “It won’t be any later than summer, so don’t worry. (Laughs.)”

Back to Famitsu, Yoshida continued, “Since I’ve grown so accustomed to the development environment of online games over these past few years, I was a little surprised at how quickly we had to go gold. (Laughs.) If you consider the production of physical discs, shipping them worldwide… all of that takes several months of physical time after going gold. So when we say development is 95 percent complete, some might say, ‘well then release it immediately,’ but that’s the reality of the situation…”

Lol, I hope they learned from the FF 15 reveal/release date failure.

They are planning to release a demo:

If information about the game is released too early, it won’t carry that same kind of excitement so we plan on sharing the information about three months before it releases. We also plan to have a Final Fantasy XVI demo available, but we want to do so with that momentum.”

If they were smart, the demo would drop soon and they would take the feedback to improve the game.

Lol, I hope they learned from the FF 15 reveal/release date failure.

If they were smart, the demo would drop soon and they would take the feedback to improve the game.
lol Indeed.

That would be best indeed.

Game will be Ps5 exclusive only for 6 months.

I am thinking of waiting for RTX 6080 or RTX 6070 and with the CPU, When RTX 6000s are out newer CPUs should also be out too, though Raptor Lake is already more powerful than PS5 cpu too. Then build a new gaming pc for playing ps 5 games at this rate rather than buying a PS5 pro since i will have to build a new gaming pc anyway eventually for DCS' increasing PC requirements with newer 3D Combat Flight Sim Tech down the line...

Last edited:
Back