Games you wouldn't/shouldn't play in the dark?

Also, there's a freeware indie game called "Slender" that's absolutely horrifying whether you play it in the dark or not. It's awesome, and it'll scare the pants off ya.

http://slendergame.com/

...And yes, it's obviously based on Slenderman.
I've seen Pewdiepie and several others play that. It doesn't seem scary when watching a video though. Like the first time I was scared, but you just have to not look back.

Slender
SCP Containment Breach
Amnesia

Resident Evil: Revelations was so good/ mortifying to play in the dark with headphones. The Promenade Deck still gets my heart racing...
sad.gif

I'd have to say RE: Revelations. The parts that you're below deck and the water is filling the ship. Those swimmers were the worst. Except that I learned that you can run right past them haha

Super Mario Bros! The Goombas look so mean! and Dry Bones, they chuck bones at you and just never die!!! And Boos, oh lordy those Boos! They chase you relentlessly and make faces at you behind your back and mock you! Then whats scarier, they laugh at you! OMG they are soooo SCAAAAARY!!! (LMAO, jk)

But seriously, RE:Revaelations and left for dead I would not play alone in the dark. They are just too creepy for me to play in the dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buty seriously, RE:Revaelations and left for dead I would not play alone in the dark. They are just too creepy for me to play in the dark.
First time I played Left 4 Dead, I wasn't used to zombie games. I was scared, heh. Now the zeds are nothing to me but bullet fodder. Same thing happened with the creepy zombies in the beginning dungeon of Oblivion.

Buty seriously, RE:Revaelations and left for dead I would not play alone in the dark. They are just too creepy for me to play in the dark.
First time I played Left 4 Dead, I wasn't used to zombie games. I was scared, heh. Now the zeds are nothing to me but bullet fodder. Same thing happened with the creepy zombies in the beginning dungeon of Oblivion.
Likewise to both. Zombies used to be my biggest fear.
unsure.gif

Redeads in OoT gave me nightmares when I was younger
tongue.gif

Anything horror :p some people do it as it 'adds to the atmosphere' ... no thanks :grin:

Outlast is probably the top of my list of games I wouldn't play in the dark.

A game that I can't play in the dark is Fatal Frame. This game scares me a lot to the point that I could even have a nightmare that I am inside the game. I have played the Fatal frame 2, the twin sisters that are reincarnated and are facing the safe fate that their past lives has gone through, one of the twins must be killed as a sarcrifice to their village.

Resident Evil is to me doable but playing Silent Hill and Amnesia can cause me a heart attack lol. My son has silent hill the new one and I haven't even tried it yet. I still can remember the old edition haha. Another one is Amnesia, who ever made that game is sick but it's great when you want to scare someone like your wife or gf.

Back