Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
It's a new month! It's smash month! And new updates for the Gaming Latest forums.

Welcome to another update GL folks, we are into the last month of the year. Hard to believe another year has come and gone, sadly not the best of years but hey in another 30 days we'll start over like pressing that reset button! As always we start with...

---- Of the Month ----

You can kick me for this one if you want, but I'm giving it to NameGervin NameGervin for his wonderful review topic of the site! Congrats and thank you! :)

Topic of the month goes to: Switch - Best for the Switch?

---- Time for a raffle ----

If you folks recall, all those who are nominated into member of the month gets entered into a end of the year raffle drawing! Top prize wins a video game of their dreams or the money amount. Since there has been a lack of contests this year, I may offer a second or third place prize, stay tune for this in the near near future.

---- Personal life ----

Since I am technically the life blood of this site, just giving a few updates of my life. First update, I stated a new job this past week! It's mostly been a training class, so rather boring, got to do a little actual job shadowing and looks to be very.... mundane. But it pays so I will strive for now. Also I've been sick this past week, like come home from work and stare at the tv like a zombie sick. So not much has been done in the next update and with the holidays coming up I may not be able to do much for this site till next month. Also my living style is less than ideal, so hopefully hoping to move in the coming weeks.

So please bear with any slowness!

---- Site upgrade ----

Worry not we are still working hard in getting GL to v2, however IntoxNitram IntoxNitram has brought it to my attention that Xenforo 2.1 upgrade is in the near future, so instead of getting a bunch of things ready for xenforo 2.0 and then being outdated in mere months, I think it would be best for the release of Xenforo 2.1 which I think will be sometime next year in the winter season. So this will slow things but will also give me time to think of more things to add to the site.

I will say that we do have an arcade locked down for the site's future and a bridge to connect your forum account to it so you don't have to resign up for it. So progress is being made and keep an eye out for future updates :)

---- Smash Bros Tournament? ----

As you know Super Smash Bros Ultimate is releasing this coming week! And I think from most of our core members I think most of us will be getting it. If true, I would very much like to get a tournament going! I have to get the game first and see how it works for online, but I would say a cash prize could be up for grabs for top Smasher? ;)

More on this next weekend, Smash playing coma pending.

---- Slowness ----

So lots of you have been reporting of slowness, Site loading time

Which at this time it seems to have seem to fix itself. Odd or a miracle?

That's all for this update folks, thanks for posting on GL and I wish you all a safe upcoming holiday as we are entering the busy times of the year!

Continue to enjoy the forum :)

---- Stats ----

We currently have 396,895 posts and 7,103 members. In this last month we made over 2,175 posts! And gained 16 members.

Yay new year approaching and I still have to try do things that I have should have done by this year.

Anyway, this site deserves reviews, I know my review isnt that much good but I did what I could. :p

I'm looking forward to what coming with XF2.1 but what does worries me is that the same thing could happen when XF2.2 is around the corner. I don't want to be a downer but I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Great statistics as always!
It's truly a good news to know that you got a new job. Initial days are always boring :p

I'm looking forward to what coming with XF2.1 but what does worries me is that the same thing could happen when XF2.2 is around the corner. I don't want to be a downer but I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

XF2.2 would be another year or two after XF2.1 release. So a longer wait than the one right now for XF2.1.

---- Time for a raffle ----

If you folks recall, all those who are nominated into member of the month gets entered into a end of the year raffle drawing! Top prize wins a video game of their dreams...

So do you have Trails of Cold Steel 3 english version as the prize? lol

I feel like you're mocking me. But the fact I now own the OST for ToCS 4, is doing more than enough of that.
I was just joking. So the ost is not spoiler-y?I thought you did not like tocs spoiler-y stuff

Back