Google Stadia?

I am being hyped for this and waiting to try it but i am afraid of it's cost...

I think there would be a free trial, and rental games available for users to rent for a few days, so the price of games can be affordable.

But what games? Aren't there a lot of "exclusives" for the various current consoles? Will these be able to be played?

One of the big things to note is how this alienates large portions of the market that don't have internet fast enough to stream games. Until download speeds in various regions of the world are up to snuff, we won't see services like this really take off too much. On top of that, I don't think services like this will works for some games because a big gimmick for a lot of single player games is being able to make user-based mods. And you more than likely won't be able to mod games when you're streaming them.

It's an interesting concept, and many have tried it in the past few years. But none of the services have really taken off. I think the best service is the ps streaming service, personally. Though, the important part to note is the absurd cost for bandwidth on these services, for the company hosting it. While more and more companies are trying to cut corners and make more money by making games a service that you can rent. Streaming them requires a set amount of bandwidth/hour just to play. This would ramp up how much "purchasing" a game would cost, and would push more people away from playing the games than it would otherwise.

But what games? Aren't there a lot of "exclusives" for the various current consoles? Will these be able to be played?
With Sony and Microsoft teaming-up for their own game streaming service thing I don't think they will allow their exclusives on Stadia anytime soon.

Thought I heard there will be exclusives dedicated to Stadia?
Google will do that, having their own exclusives I am sure. But not Sony and Microsoft consoles' exclusives I think, at this point. sort of like Disney pulling out their shows from Netflix for their own service. Disney want their exclusives on their own streaming service.

Last edited:
Google will do that, having their own exclusives I am sure. But not Sony and Microsoft consoles' exclusives I think, at this point. sort of like Disney pulling out their shows from Netflix for their own service. Disney want their exclusives on their own streaming service.
Oh yeah totally, Sony and Microsoft exclusives are not happening yet and I can understand why!

I think Google may eventually use popular YouTube Creators like Ryan Higa/Nigahiga and Smosh as voice actors or character skins in Google Stadia exclusive games, so fans will play Google Stadia games with YouTube Creator voice actors and characters to support their favorite YouTube creators.

With Sony and Microsoft teaming-up for their own game streaming service thing I don't think they will allow their exclusives on Stadia anytime soon.
Ah. So what does that leave? And will they be competing with Steam?

Thought I heard there will be exclusives dedicated to Stadia?
Maybe but what type of games. I doubt that it will be as popular as whatever PlayStation or Xbox have to offer so what developers are going to go with an exclusive with Google over the other two.

Ah. So what does that leave? And will they be competing with Steam?

They haven't revealed anything further yet...

Rumor has it that Baldur's Gate III will be a game for Stadia. Probably a timed exclusive for Stadia.

Isn't Google Stadia cloud based gaming platform or only for selected games?

It is a cloud/streaming service for Stadia games.

Back