Everyone's Rival
Staff member
Awards
Credits
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Lies of P has players take on the role of Pinnochio in a dystopian world where puppets have taken control and humans are on the back end. Pinnochio is a special puppet in that he doesn't seem to be under the same puppet virus, and can break puppet laws, like not being able to lie. Lies of P takes heavy inspiration from Soulsborne elements and releases September 19, 2023.
Open for pre-order, Lies of P is coming out on September 19th, 2023.

The direction is neat. A bit on the Victorian Era side. Definitely something new for this genre.

I'm not going to get it on pre order but it's definitely on my wishlist. Let's wait for when it comes out.

I should be saving to get this game in October as it drops in September. I'm optimistic about how good it is, but we can never tell till we got a review.

I should be saving to get this game in October as it drops in September. I'm optimistic about how good it is, but we can never tell till we got a review.
If you played in a genre like Dark Souls or Bloodborne then you know how this will play out but with another artistic direction.

Also, Seriko : Shadow Die Twice gives the same vibes too.
Aside from the enemies and setting being different, I get some of the combat being more on the Zelda side if you had more enemies being Stalfos. You do lock on to everything, but you have to time your hits rather than dodging for more of the risk of dying. I'm not sure how much the hookshot/grapple of Seriko ties into similar gameplay of a Souls game.

Aside from the enemies and setting being different, I get some of the combat being more on the Zelda side if you had more enemies being Stalfos. You do lock on to everything, but you have to time your hits rather than dodging for more of the risk of dying. I'm not sure how much the hookshot/grapple of Seriko ties into similar gameplay of a Souls game.
This is how it looks like in Seriko.

Sekiro 'feels' nothing like a souls like that's why the grappling hook arm manages to fit into the game. It's fast paced, 3D and depends of deflection instead of rolling.
Open for pre-order, Lies of P is coming out on September 19th, 2023.

The direction is neat. A bit on the Victorian Era side. Definitely something new for this genre.

Along with theme, since it's not fromsoft, I hope they experiment a bit making the combat more satisfying and some quality of life changes because they don't have the pressure of rabbid souls fans who hate any changes that fromsoft does.

Back