Mr. Iwata's Keynote

Hollie Rose

Awards
Credits
I don't know if any of you all were able to watch Mr. Iwata's keynote presentation today, but it was announced that the same people who worked on Super Mario Galaxy one and two are working on an entirely new Mario game for the 3DS. An image was shown that was a "temporary logo" type thing as well as a few other picture. Mr. Iwata said that the mystery of the "tail' on the logo will be revealed at E3, to me it reminds me a lot of something from Super Mario Bros. 3!

Cool, I hope so *Crosses FIngers*
fdrtzl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so excited about it, I had to tell someone!
CapedMario.gif

Sadly, most of the people I know don't share the same level of enthusiasm.

I was so excited about it, I had to tell someone!
CapedMario.gif

Sadly, most of the people I know don't share the same level of enthusiasm.
I DO! IM SOOOO EXCITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

HOLY CRAP. Did you notice that in the bottom left corner, Mario is as if he hadn't eaten a Super Mushroom? He's what you might say, "Regular Mario". Just like in NSMB! Weeks ago, I was wondering how awesome it'd be if the NSMB elements and 3D elements came together to create the ultimate Mario game. I think my dream is coming true. I am so damn excited for this. This seriously looks like what I'd imagined it'd be. Sort of!
biggrin.gif

Yes! Power ups like from the side-scrolling Mario games would be sweet.

Yep. Small Mario + the tail on the title screen likely implies a power up system close to that of Super Mario Bros 3.

And I guess that the Mega Mushroom is making a return. That's cool, since the lack of it in NSMBWii annoyed me.

Love the teasers, they really make me want to see what will be revealed at E3. I can't decide if I want them to reuse the power up system from SMB3 or introduce new power ups. Hrm...

Love the teasers, they really make me want to see what will be revealed at E3. I can't decide if I want them to reuse the power up system from SMB3 or introduce new power ups. Hrm...

Or both, heh.

Yoshi just wants to be included in the game, heh.

T_________________T
he'll probably be there hes starting to be in every mario game so why woudlnt he be in this one?i hope you can be yoshi himself like in sm64ds instead of riding him and i hope theres unlockable characters like toad

Wrong. Compare it with this. http://www.mariowiki.com/images/d/d7/CometMetal.png

The entire middle of the coin is only a giant star, not a falling star. It's a star coin, even if it's design is a combination of the comet medal and a star coin. But this isn't NSMB or Galaxy, so it would explain a design change for star coins. They are using the team that made Galaxy to make it after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back