N3DS Community League Challenger Thread

SpoonySage

N3DS Community Ghost Gym Leader
Awards
Credits
Banner.jpg

UPDATES:

• If you need help getting your Pokemon to level 100, just check out my Pokemon B&B blog entry on quick leveling!
  • Badges have been added! Gym Leaders, please be ready to battle!
  • GYM LEADERS: Just give me the word and I can handle all badge awarding now!
Description:

Bring 6 Pokemon to battle with our Forum's Gym Leaders. Challengers will have to post their team in the official Challenge Thread and cannot change Pokemon throughout their challenge. This will make it easier to keep up with teams and make sure no illegal changes are made. Switching what items your Pokemon are holding between matches is allowed.
To challenge a Gym Leader, post your team here and send a PM to the Gym Leader you would like to battle to arrange a time. Feel free to PM several Gym Leaders at a time to make the process go faster. When you have finished your battle, he/she will alert a mod and have your badge awarded. If there is ever a dispute for any reason, then send me your battle's video code and I will watch it myself (if you did not save your battle then I will take the Gym Leader's word as to the results).
Re-challenges are also accepted, but only a maximum of 3 challenges will be accepted from any one user. This is to prevent tons of spam challenge requests (as people tend to do with awards).
SpoonySage= Ghost
50px-Relic_Badge.png

Fillfall= Dragon
50px-Rising_Badge.png

SupahSonicFan= Grass RETIRED

Stardragon= Psychic
50px-Marsh_Badge.png

Porkman= Ground RETIRED

Amyntas= Fighting
50px-Storm_Badge.png

Lord Regal= Bug
50px-Hive_Badge.png

Gelivable64= Steel
50px-Mineral_Badge.png

MrPoetanky= Water
50px-Rain_Badge.png

xSilentOmenx= Poison
50px-Soul_Badge.png

Rules:

Species Clause- only one of each Pokemon per team (seriously, having to mention this at all is silly, but people do it!)
Item Clause- only one of each type of item (no giving Leftovers to everything!)
Evasion Clause- no using attacks or items that directly up your evasion. This includes Double Team, Minimize, Bright Powder, and Lax Incense (if you have a question about legitimacy, then just ask).
OHKO Clause- no using one hit knock out moves such as Guillotine, Fissure, Horn Drill, and Sheer Cold.
Sleep Clause- you may only put one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep. If/when it wakes up, you can always put something else to sleep. Rest does not count for this.
Moody Clause- no using a Pokemon with the ability Moody. Simple enough.
Random Bans- No using Drizzle and Swift Swim on the same team. No using Sky Drop (due to glitch). No Soul Dew if you are using Lati@s. You cannot have Latios and Latias on the same team.

Banned Pokemon- Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem (these are all Banned by official Pokemon tournament rules) as well as Speed Boost Blaziken, Wobbuffet, Excadrill, Garchomp, and Thundurus.
EXCEPTION- Garchomp and Excadrill CAN ONLY be used on teams that do not have Sandstorm support.

REMEMBER:
First, post your team here. Then send a Private Message to a Gym Leader to arrange a battle time. That is all this thread is for (Gym Leaders may also use it to make announcements).

Please specify in your PM contact if you would prefer a flat battle or normal battle, as some gyms have special rules regarding these requests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought that I should inform you about my situation:
I currently need 1 more Pokémon levelled up, but you can still pm me for challenge later on.

I am also not ready. I have to finish up Escavilier and take Masquerain from a low level...I'm predicting I'll be done about Saturday or Sunday. I'll post my availability when I'm ready.

WHY CAN'T WE USE THUNDURUS???

@SpoonySage: You forgot to ban Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect. Oh, btw some of your rules are really dumb.

@SpoonySage: You forgot to ban Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect. Oh, btw some of your rules are really dumb.

I'm assuming he didn't because there's no legal way to get those characters yet, so the no hacks rule takes care of that.

Which rules don't you like? I honestly see no problems with them...they're all fair and are designed to give everyone equal footing.

Do we need all our Pokemon to be lv100?

No, level 50 will be fine enough apparently. As you and I found out yesterday, they do indeed allow you to set Flat Battle rules, which I suppose I had forgotten since I was mostly doing random wifi, which does not let you do that.

Can it be at the gym's discretion? Me and a friend of mine hate doing level 50 battles because we believe that the readjustment of stats is harsher the higher the levels (I swear Volcarona is a level 40 stat-wise when I'm doing wifi battles). I'm putting the time in to get all 6 of mine up to level 100...I don't want half of that work (literally) to be wasted.

No, level 50 will be fine enough apparently. As you and I found out yesterday, they do indeed allow you to set Flat Battle rules, which I suppose I had forgotten since I was mostly doing random wifi, which does not let you do that.

Can it be at the gym's discretion? Me and a friend of mine hate doing level 50 battles because we believe that the readjustment of stats is harsher the higher the levels (I swear Volcarona is a level 40 stat-wise when I'm doing wifi battles). I'm putting the time in to get all 6 of mine up to level 100...I don't want half of that work (literally) to be wasted.
I bet not that much people have a team of lv100s.

I bet not that much people have a team of lv100s.

Almost every serious player I know has some level 100 Pokemon, but that being said, it should be up to the gym leader. Personally, I will accept level 50 battles even though I agree that the Pokemon seem a little weaker because I want the challenge to be open to anyone.

All gym leaders should have their teams at level 100 so they are ready for any kind of battle.

@Lord Regal:
Speed Boosting > Items 'n Attacks
Status Ailments > Sleep
This seems reallt dumb to ban... i mean u guys r the 1st to bring this up.

@Lord Regal:
Speed Boosting > Items 'n Attacks
Status Ailments > Sleep
This seems reallt dumb to ban... i mean u guys r the 1st to bring this up.

Um. No. Speed Boost (as an ability) is banned on Blaziken. If not, it was in the other thread and I didn't copy that part of the rules since it isn't really released anyway. Otherwise, it is a completely legitimate strategy. This is why most everyone uses priority moves or scarfed Pokemon. Hell, just bringing in something to resist the hit would counter something with speed boosts.

And the only thing worse then Sleep is Freeze, which is very rare. In Gen 5, sleep turns get reset when you switch and can last as long as 5 turns. Paralysis is only a 25% chance, Poison and Toxic take time to build up, and Burn is only really a danger to physical attacking Pokemon. Without a sleep clause a freaking Butterfree could take out an entire team. The longest, most annoying battle of my life was with a hacked Smeargle and strategies like that are just not fun.

When you know the mechanics of the game, you know which moves can be countered and which are unfair. The rules are a combination of official Nintendo tournament rules and rules voted on by some of the best players online. We are not the first to bring anything on that list up; we are simply restating what the majority of players have already stated.

If you disagree, then you don't have to play in our challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
@SpoonySage: I'm just saying... you guys do it different.

Another announcement:
I still haven't levelled up my Haxorus, but I can always have lvl. 50 battles.

Well, my team is finally ready. Overall pretty pleased with my team...not a massive fan of one of my guys' stats, but his moves (one of which I didn't know it could learn) make up for it I think. Ok, I'll put my friend code in my sig once I'm done here, and then I'll be set! However, first my gym-specific rules.

1. I only will participate in no restriction battles level-wise...I firmly believe the flat level setup hurts Pokemon above the set level, and I don't want to hinder myself or the challenger.
2. Either Single or Double Battles work for me.
3. Switching rules will be decided via PM prior to the battle...I don't mind allowing switching, but a friend and I always say we won't do it in our fights and I find it's a lot more fun that way.

As for availability, I don't play games much during the week, as my life is crazy enough without the added distraction. As such, I'll be available Friday through Sunday mostly, except for random days I get off, which I'll post in my sig. (NOTE: I have one of these days off a week from today, Monday) We'll work out a time through PM. Alright, good luck everyone!

P.S. Where are we on the badges?

Back