N3DS Community League Challenger Thread

I still need trainin,unfortunately.
My gym preferences:
-I accept ONLY no restriction
-Single,double,and triple battles are fine
-Switching out allowed
As for availibility,I can sometimes do all 7 days,but challenge me most likely on Friday,Saturday,and Sunday(till 12:00 cause of church).
You should probably post your timezone to. 11am for you might be 9 pm for somebody else.

....Regarding Sleep: can I only put one Pokemon to sleep once? Or, if I put one to sleep, and you happen to switch out, can I put the new Pokemon to sleep (with only one sleep per Pokemon)?

I'll battle someone, by the way.

Here's my team:

Ferrothorn
Chandelure
Lilligant
Pikachu
Lucario
Zoroark

Ferrothorn is only level 90; does this present a problem?

....Regarding Sleep: can I only put one Pokemon to sleep once? Or, if I put one to sleep, and you happen to switch out, can I put the new Pokemon to sleep (with only one sleep per Pokemon)?

Here's my team:

Ferrothorn
Chandelure
Lilligant
Pikachu
Lucario
Zoroark

Regarding Sleep: You can put only one Pokemon to sleep on the opponent's side at a time. That means if it switches out, it is still asleep, but if it wakes up then you can put something else to sleep (or put it to sleep again). That is to prevent someone from putting a whole team to sleep or something lame like that.

Regarding Ferrothorn, some gym leaders prefer lvl 100 battles. Personally, I will accept flat battles, but only in Rotation style. The main reason for requesting lvl 100 Pokemon is that you can only use all 6 of your Pokemon in a no restriction battle online. Otherwise, you have to meet in person.

Flat standard battles limit you to 3 Pokemon at lvl 50, but I like Rotation flat battles because they allow 4 Pokemon and it fits well with my theme (I think of a circle of Boos going around and around in Mario).

Whenever you want to battle me or any other gym leader, just send a Private Message and arrange a time to meet up online. Exchange friend codes and use either the forum's shoutbox or some other method to communicate while you battle.

Here's my team:

Ferrothorn
Chandelure
Lilligant
Pikachu
Lucario
Zoroark

Just so you know, I'm one of the leaders that requires level 100s...I don't like flat battles because I don't think the readjustment algorithm is quite fair to high levels...I think it weakens them too much.

Here's my team:

Ferrothorn
Chandelure
Lilligant
Pikachu
Lucario
Zoroark

Just so you know, I'm one of the leaders that requires level 100s...I don't like flat battles because I don't think the readjustment algorithm is quite fair to high levels...I think it weakens them too much.

Well, I think that as soon as I get Ferrothorn to Lv. 100, I may ask you to battle. If ya don't mind.

Here's my team:

Ferrothorn
Chandelure
Lilligant
Pikachu
Lucario
Zoroark

Well, I think that as soon as I get Ferrothorn to Lv. 100, I may ask you to battle. If ya don't mind.

I'd be absolutely fine with that...just make sure to read my sig for availability
smile.gif

I may partake but I only have emboar level 100 that is allowed. But I still don't fully understand the rules

Just to clarify, you don't HAVE to have a full team of level 100s, as some leaders allow flat battles. You can come to me as well, but I don't set level restrictions so you'd be putting yourself at a disadvantage. I'll take any challengers on, but all of mine are at 100, and for the best shot against me you should as well.

Before I go and update the rules, how do y'all feel about letting a challenger change their team, as long as they post it here and keep to the 3 challenges rule?

That means they can try and fail, then change their team, alert the gym leaders here, and then rechallenge for their second attempt with a team not doomed to fail? I like having it a little more forgiving like that.

I haven't had anyone beat me yet; anyone else getting any gym challengers?

No fair my only non lv.100 legend is Excadrill.

I've had one person challenge me twice, beat 'em both times. Otherwise been pretty quiet. I'm concerned about the changing team idea, because if that's the case someone could just alter their team to handle each individual leader, which would mean anyone could beat all of us. Not worth the chance of abuse...the second battle I had was closer than the first, so altering tactics can work just as well.

• So, based on the rules, Items such as Focus Band, Scope Lens, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, and Quick Claw, is allowed?

• So, based on the rules, Items such as Focus Band, Scope Lens, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, and Quick Claw, is allowed?

Good point! We did not put in a luck clause. Well, it started as an oversight, but I am willing to run with it. Most people I know who use those do not do too terribly well with them. If you are relying on luck alone, then you will be disappointed!

Side note: I've always wanted a team based around crits. Super Luck Honchkrow and Absol, Sniper Kingdra and Drapion... all holding items like that and using moves with high crit ratios. I think it could work (though it is still all based on luck)!

Back