N3DS Community League

I have a team ready, remember people...when playing online you're either level 50 or 100 by default. So you don't need Lvl 100s to win. Just set up your moves, EVs or whatever and you should do fine. maybe it'd be best to have em at lvl 50 at least.

Every time I have done a standard battle online it was Level 100. Otherwise, I would just show up as whatever level my Pokemon were at the time. I thought in Gen 5 they made it that way (in Gen 4 you could pick). In person, the battles are level 50, not that it helps us here. Going to test which Pokes I want to use and will otherwise be ready after my trip this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a team ready, remember people...when playing online you're either level 50 or 100 by default. So you don't need Lvl 100s to win. Just set up your moves, EVs or whatever and you should do fine. maybe it'd be best to have em at lvl 50 at least.

I don't think it's level 100 by design though...granted I always get my guys up to 100 regardless, so I may be wrong, but I thought that friend code battles are what they always have been, that is, whatever your legit levels are...unless there's a setting you can change to set it up. Should have my team ready by the end of the weekend...should have them, anyway...stupid not being allowed to play during the week means if I'm NOT ready by the end of the weekend it'll be another week...

Hey, I just realized that I have to review a video game for a class (dead serious here) It has to be new, so I'm getting that Zen Pinball game...I'm also trying to do a Nuzlocke run in Emerald, but if I put that on the shelf until after I get the rest of my team to 100...then I could have it done most likely by the end of next weekend. That ok?

Hey can I be one of the elite four
Read before posting. I'm pretty sure we stated that we won't have an elite four.

So is there any gym leader spots open? If not I challenge one to a battle for the position as gym leader
Read the first post. We need one more Gym Leader, as long as you pick a type other then those already selected and raise a team that abides by our rules.

Hey, I just realized that I have to review a video game for a class (dead serious here) It has to be new, so I'm getting that Zen Pinball game...I'm also trying to do a Nuzlocke run in Emerald, but if I put that on the shelf until after I get the rest of my team to 100...then I could have it done most likely by the end of next weekend. That ok?
Sounds good to me. I was planning on starting up the official thread next week, and we don't ALL have to be 100% ready then; we just need some people ready for challengers.

I don't think it's level 100 by design though...granted I always get my guys up to 100 regardless, so I may be wrong, but I thought that friend code battles are what they always have been, that is, whatever your legit levels are...unless there's a setting you can change to set it up.
Yeah, your teams are whatever level they are in game for wifi, but that means that everyone who goes against you will likely have level 100 Pokemon. Therefore, you should be prepared to deal with this.

Also, very nice sig. I am surprised you aren't running Forretress. Masquerain is one of my favorite bugs (Shuckle being the other).

Thanks haha. Just whipped it up since I had a minute. I wanted to go with Forretress, to be honest, but Escavalier already has the same type combination with the added bonus of having the highest attack out of any bug or steel type, so he beat out Forretress, as they both have relatively slow speed. Heh...Shuckle...hmm...I actually forgot about him! I do want him in on this...now I just have to figure out who I'm willing to replace here...hmm...I thought up this team mainly on the spot, taking the 2 I already have at 100 (Volcarona and Galvantula) and 2 others I planned to get there soon anyway (Escavalier and Accelgor)...put Masquerain for much needed fire resistance (Can learn Scald through a TM)...put Scolipede in for speed mainly, but Shuckle...hmm...you've made me think twice about my plan now haha.

Since Lord Regal posted his, here is what I am thinking for my team.
523792375-f6ef1013605e49f7c7ce2bd85f14f50d.4f46f628-full.png

Now, I am mostly posting this here to pose a question. I am intending to use a different form of Rotom (that site only lets you put the original form), but as of B/W, that means Rotom loses his Ghost base type. In other matches, my opponents did not care/view this as a violation of mono-typing, but I just thought I would ask what you thought here.

Since Rotom and Arceus are the only two Pokemon I can think of that can change their types, is Rotom in any other form still eligible for my Ghost gym?

Now, I am mostly posting this here to pose a question. I am intending to use a different form of Rotom (that site only lets you put the original form), but as of B/W, that means Rotom loses his Ghost base type. In other matches, my opponents did not care/view this as a violation of mono-typing, but I just thought I would ask what you thought here.

Since Rotom and Arceus are the only two Pokemon I can think of that can change their types, is Rotom in any other form still eligible for my Ghost gym?

The picture doesn't show. And what do you mean Rotom loses it's Ghost base type in B/W?

The picture doesn't show. And what do you mean Rotom loses it's Ghost base type in B/W?

Weird. I would try to fix it but am already leaving for the weekend. And Rotom (Ghost/Electric Type) can be transferred into several different types. In each form he loses his Ghost Type and gains a new one. Rotom-Heat is Fire/Electric, Rotom-Wash is Water/Electric, etc. He also gains a powerful attack of whatever type he currently inhabits. While he is not an overly powerful Pokemon, he is can be customized to fit your team's needs.

Shuckle is done...working on Accelgor now...if I can get him done and get Escavilier to level 60-ish by the end of the weekend I'll be in excellent shape to make the deadline I set for myself to be done by the end of next weekend.

Depends on if you want to focus more on speed or power...Hydreigon hits harder, but Haxorus beats Hydreigon's speed any day.

Anyway, I'll be even better than I expected...Acelgor at level 80 going into today, so I'll be able to get Escavilier quite far today...I'll definitely be ready shortly.

Depends on if you want to focus more on speed or power...Hydreigon hits harder, but Haxorus beats Hydreigon's speed any day.

Anyway, I'll be even better than I expected...Acelgor at level 80 going into today, so I'll be able to get Escavilier quite far today...I'll definitely be ready shortly.

Actually, its really more of a question regarding if you want a special attacker/mixed attacker, or a physical set. Personally, I think that Haxorus does more of the same Dragon Dancing stuff but without the 4x weakness to Ice. Meanwhile, Hydreigon can do a lot of different things well but also has weaknesses to Bug and Fighting types where other dragons do not. Nonetheless, on a mono-Dragon team you really have nothing to fear from Bug or Fighting unless running Kyurem or Lati@s.

And since I have heard no objections, I will probably go ahead with Rotom as my final Pokemon.

SIDE NOTE: Have badges been designed for everyone yet?

I've been really busy, haven't gotten to work on anything topic related. So yeah..

Back