PS5 Next Console in 2018?

I know someone who swears there is no "PS5". I asked them then what console is next, and go no answer. lol

I have no idea. They never provided a rational explanation for their statement. lol

Yes seems like it. Personally, I'd be happy with a PS4 Pro. But it's not a priority ATM. :)

I'd be excited to see the release of a new console other than the fact that it would turn my current console slowly obsolete.

PS4 pro should remain relevant for a good.... 8 more years?
I hope not, that would make the PS4 lifecycle 12 years and this hardware is already dated with the XB1X coming out. We need a PS5 to come out in 3 years once 4k is more mainstream.

I'd be excited to see the release of a new console other than the fact that it would turn my current console slowly obsolete.

This is always going to be a problem in the gaming world. All consoles will become obsolete at some point. It's just the natural progression of things.

This is always going to be a problem in the gaming world. All consoles will become obsolete at some point. It's just the natural progression of things.
I agree but you just don't expect it to happen this quick. There was a seven year gap between the PS3 and the PS4

I could see them releasing the PS5 but still supporting the PS4 for a couple years.

This was something that I had been thinking. They could still support the PS4 for a little while longer, even if the PS5 comes out next year.

Back