I don't think there wasn't anything wrong with animation in the last game?Read some more stuff from famitsu, ryokutya2089, translated by Siliconera:
- In order to attract younger players and also maintain their current brand in the coming future, they had to set their sights towards creating a new ‘Tales of’ series image.
- Animation studio ufotable has put more effort into this game’s animated cutscenes than they have up to this point.
- Alphen is a bit older compared to protagonists up to this point. He can’t feel pain, so even if he’s injured he can continue to fight without flinching, but on the other hand, he might not notice his injuries and die from them if not careful. Knowing his condition, his allies make him wear heavy armor in order to protect him from danger.
- Because he can’t feel pain, he is able to wield the blade of flames.
- Alphen is not immortal.
- One of her characteristics is that she’s cursed so that touching her at all will send a wave of pain as if you’ve been shocked with electricity.
- Her meeting with Alphen is coincidental.
- The theme of the drama at the beginning of the story is a power that is only usable because it’s used by Alphen and Shionne.
- Only the people of Rena are able to use firearms.